Ravens PHP Scripts: Forums

View next topic
View previous topic
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> BBtoNuke
spurtus
Regular
Regular

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2007 9:35 pm Reply with quote

I have had an occurence today, and I think my site was hacked, but not sure. Use Raven.s 2.10 (?) I think release, which includes the PHPBB forums. Today, I am no longer able to get the BB admin page, from Sentinel. Oddly enough, it happened after a person I previously had banned via sentinel (and deleted his nuke account), showed up on my home page as a "new user." This is why I was going to admin page, to see if it was same guy (he had same username, IRONMAN). And this is when I found I could not access the admin interfece. I get a "blank" page. I can see the frame painting, but page is completely blank, and I get no error whatever. Just my browser saying "Done."

I am fearful he has hacked us, and then turned off my admin. I also notice, if I look in sentinel admin, that I see this, related to .htaccess:

Normally: /var/www/vhosts/circle-of-tyrants.com/httpdocs/.htaccess
    File does not exist or is not correctly CHMODed.

The file does exist, but I was definitely not getting this a couple weeks ago, when I looked. What should it be set to (I am chmod'd at 644).

Finally, I looked directly in the nuke_users, nuke_authors, and nuke_users_temp tables in the db, and this guys is not listed anywhere (so how/why would he be showing up on my web home page as the latest new user (he is not there, now, as someone else just registered, but he was ...i swear).

Other than not being able to get into the forum admin, all seems "ok."

Also, is there any sort of tool that would allow me to check for new files on my web site?

I know...lots of stuff here, and maybe not documented well...but I am happy to reply if I can make things more clear.

thanks,
Spurt

Raven
Site Admin/Owner

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2007 1:05 am Reply with quote

This is a double post and has been locked.

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> BBtoNuke

View next topic
View previous topic