Ravens PHP Scripts: Forums

View next topic
View previous topic
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> Raven's RavenNuke(tm) v2.02.02 Distro
bibi

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2007 10:53 am Reply with quote

Hi to everyone!
I'm a newbie and sorry if maybe this isn't the right place for this post.
I have tried to install this package and all was done in the right way ( i think so..) but at the end i dont see the forum but i see this:
Information: This board has no forums.

(Well, before i had manage the forum in the admin page but i saw only these words).
Any idea about this problem?
Thank you!

fkelly
Former Moderator in Good Standing

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2007 12:02 pm Reply with quote

At this point in time you should be installing 2.10.01. There is no reason (that I can think of anyway) to install 2.02.02 and you will miss out on a lot of fixes that were made for the 2.10.01 version.

With forums, you have to use administration to set up forums. With a fresh install there are no specific forums setup -- if memory serves. Each site will have different requirements for how their forums are set up and structured.

bibi

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2007 2:49 am Reply with quote

well... i have choose this version because it's the only one (that i know of course) that is avaible in italian version and with the things that i need. If you know where can i found the new version woth the italian patch..you are wellcome!
Btw..i know that in the administration i can set up the forums, i did it but when i have tried to open the forum (after the set up..) this is what i have found :
"This board has no forums" and during the installation..no problems (it seems).

Susann

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2007 3:37 am Reply with quote

Please search for "no forums" because this was discussed several times. Check also this: [ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ]
You need to use the latest RavenNuke version 2.10.01 but if you don´t configure the forums and/or the forums module is inactive you´ll get the same message."This board has no forums" .
What do you mean with the "Italian patch". You ´ll find in RavenNuke all languages just as well like in standard Nuke.

bibi

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2007 4:23 am Reply with quote

Well, thank for help. At the moment I'm ok.
Now i'm using version 2.10.01 and the forum now works; in the older no but doesnt matter.
Abaut language.. i found all languages in RavenNuke but i dont find all languages in the forum by default: only english, german and german formal. For have one forum in italian language i have to upload italian language. This is what i would to say with "italian patch" (sorry..i'm really new in this world...)

Susann

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2007 6:45 am Reply with quote

Oh I see, but all available translated langues for the forums module from phpBB are also not included in the standard Nuke. Would be just too much for a package and makes somewhere no sense. However, its easy to find the language files for the forums and often also the buttons for a theme/style too e.g. the German button for fisubice. Smile

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> Raven's RavenNuke(tm) v2.02.02 Distro

View next topic
View previous topic