Ravens PHP Scripts: Forums

View next topic
View previous topic
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> Security - PHP Nuke
express
Client

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2007 3:54 pm Reply with quote

Hi,

I have a question regarding pc killer script. In reading about the updates in NukeSentinel, I see this; item15· Added PC Killer option.
Is pckiller already installed in the distro package or do I need to install it?
When I open up both the pckiller folder and the abuse folder in my main directory, I see some of the same file names but with different sizes. Would just like to know if pckiller is already on and working, or do I need to do something to activate it. I had downloaded the pckiller file from here but am afraid to install in the abuse folder because it will overwrite some of the files. I feel it is alot safer to ask here first before I go off onto another adventure by plowing ahead......
Thanks,
Express

Raven
Site Admin/Owner

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2007 11:49 pm Reply with quote

It is NOT installed. Get it from PC Killer Templates

express

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2007 12:09 am Reply with quote

Will Do. Thanks again Raven and I hope you have a great Thanksgiving!

Raven

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2007 12:14 am Reply with quote

Cheers

express

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2007 3:31 pm Reply with quote

Well I did and it overwrote alot of files. Only thing that makes me nervous is that the files that were replaced by pckiller were newer and larger files than the files that were in pckiller.

Raven

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2007 4:09 pm Reply with quote

So go back and reload the Nuke Sentinel files. Nuke Sentinel's are the latest ones.

sowsteady
Regular
Regular

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2007 12:13 am Reply with quote

Wow! I downloaded the templates and lo-n-behold, my virus program gave an alert that the js script is a trojan! Is it OK to download anyway? (Meaning the multi-pop-up script makes it look like a trojan?)

Raven

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2007 1:36 am Reply with quote

[ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ]

evaders99
Former Moderator in Good Standing

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2007 1:40 am Reply with quote

I believe the antivirus programs do consider PC Killer malicious code. So you may have to disable your antivirus to get it working.

Need help? Nuke Patched Core, Coding Services, Webmaster Services 
Raven

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2007 10:43 am Reply with quote

Not all do. I have 2 different ones on my machines that don't consider it. But as Evaders says you may have to temporarily disable yours to get it loaded.

jakec
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2007 11:10 am Reply with quote

My company pays another company to produce a list of banned websites. Unfortunately some of the sites that use PCKiller are being added to this list. I can no longer access Bob's site (Nuke Scripts) because apparently it has hacking content, although I am not sure if he uses PCKiller.

sowsteady

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2007 12:41 pm Reply with quote

Raven wrote:
Not all do. I have 2 different ones on my machines that don't consider it. But as Evaders says you may have to temporarily disable yours to get it loaded.

Yes, Evaders is correct ... I have two different ones running and Kapersky definitely does not like the code. I'll disable it to try out the code.

Thanks

spurtus
Regular
Regular

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2007 6:50 pm Reply with quote

Help! I just tried to install the PC Killer templates and ran into a problem. I am "guessing" that my ISP has a virus app running, and it would not let me write all the files over to my web site, particularly, abuse.html. So, I went to my backup and tried to restore my former abuse\*.* files, and lo, it would not allow me to do it, either. Now I presume I have a major web site problem. HELP ME PLEASE! The files all appear to be there, but they are filesize=0, and have no content.

Spurt

spurtus

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2007 7:27 pm Reply with quote

I chatted with my ISP. They run DR Web, and it would not let the file go up, but it then corrupted the entire subfolder. I guess PC Killer is not in the stars for me. Ignore the last post!

spurt

Raven

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2007 11:05 pm Reply with quote

Can you rename them all to *.txt files, load them up, and then name them back?

Do keep in mind that they are not needed to effectively use NukeSentinel(tm).

spurtus

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2007 11:18 pm Reply with quote

I thought about that, and will give it a shot. I tried, just as a whim, editing the abuse.html file that was there, with the content from the file from the package and even that would not save. Then...I had MAJOR major problems with my site, per my early comments. I just got done restoring it, and am back up. Am a bit scared to muck with it (ie, if it ain't broke.....)

Anyway, thanks for all your great help! Tis truly appreciated.

spurt

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> Security - PHP Nuke

View next topic
View previous topic