Ravens PHP Scripts: Forums

View next topic
View previous topic
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> Security - PHP Nuke
gatsu

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2007 5:02 am Reply with quote

Ok I have gotten 52 emails about blocked abuse from a certain IP yet it hasn't automatically blocked them yet. My question is at what point does it automatically add their IP as a hacker that we shamefully caught. Or is that something we have to add.

Is there is an in depth guide to NS out there? at what point do people get automatically added to teh hacker list or how do I make a custom block page for banned IP's other than a custom 403 error page. anything would help

Any info or use guides that you could help point me and any future posters to would be of much help.

kguske
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2007 6:10 am Reply with quote

Did you try this?

gatsu

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2007 2:01 pm Reply with quote

Thanks for the guide link yes I have read through it in the past and I just did it again. It doesn't seem to explain the questions I asked. I should of clarified this. I meant a guide written by a long time user or developer with some common FAQ. The faq in that guide is great but doesn't answer how some of basic functions of NS work

"52 emails about blocked abuse from a certain IP yet it hasn't automatically blocked them yet. My question is at what point does it automatically add their IP as a hacker that we shamefully caught. Or is that something we have to add. "

At this point I dont care about the whole block page I want this "Abuse" to stop and was just wondering what I can do. Any help that you could provide would be great thank you for your time

kguske

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2007 3:52 pm Reply with quote

Sorry, but I can't find a better explanation than the guide has already:
Quote:
I have gotten 52 emails about blocked abuse from a certain IP yet it hasn't automatically blocked them yet. My question is at what point does it automatically add their IP as a hacker that we shamefully caught.

Basically, you should check the blocker that corresponds to the type of attack that is occurring to make sure it's configured to block. NS can be configured to trigger an email without blocking the IP address. But if it's correctly configured, it will add the IP to the blocked IPs table (and, optionally, .htaccess) when the attack occurs. To learn more, read this.

Note: if your settings include blocking, but that isn't occurring, you may wish to check :
- that the NS tables were correctly created and match the current version of NS
- the permission on the .htaccess if you're using admin authentication to block IP addresses at the server level

If you see ANY blocked IP addresses, you're tables are probably OK, but if you see none, you might want to check the installation.

Quote:
Or is that something we have to add.

You shouldn't need to to manually add it if the blockers are configured correctly, but if you want to, read this.

I hope this answers your questions. You can find out more from the manual, but also from the pop up help inside NukeSentinel.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> Security - PHP Nuke

View next topic
View previous topic