Ravens PHP Scripts: Forums

View next topic
View previous topic
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> RN v2.10.01 - All Issues
motherfracker
Regular
Regular

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2007 8:23 am Reply with quote

Some site have the ability to track the members location in their site by mouseing over the "who's online". How can I get mine to do this? I want to know if they are in "downloads'. or the "forum" or reading thread etc. or PM'ing. I know if you go to the PHPBB you can see this but it's a pain to do.

Gremmie
Former Moderator in Good Standing

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2007 8:47 am Reply with quote

If you turn on Sentinel's IP tracking you can see exactly what they are doing. Smile

motherfracker

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2007 8:54 am Reply with quote

I'm looking for a simple mouseover tpye. Is that possible? The Sentinal give IP's I want something with a user name.

Gremmie

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2007 9:07 am Reply with quote

You can track by user with Sentinel. More importantly you have a history, whereas with a mouse over they have to be online for you to know what they are doing.

motherfracker

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2007 9:31 am Reply with quote

That's all I want is a simple thing to tell me if they are on the forum and where they are in the forum, by there user name.

motherfracker

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2007 9:56 am Reply with quote

Maybe I'm barking up the wrong tree. If you go to the main forum page of this forum and click on the members online at the bottom of the page you go to this page. [ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ] My site doesn't do this. Is this a Ravenuke problem or a theme problem? Since I am useing a theme? [ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ]

Gremmie

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2007 10:11 am Reply with quote

This site here is not actually running the latest RavenNuke. It has been heavily modded by Raven. Maybe you can ask him to see what mod he installed to give you the same functionality.

motherfracker

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2007 10:15 am Reply with quote

Gremmie wrote:
This site here is not actually running the latest RavenNuke. .

SHAME ON YOU!!! Shocked

That's why I'm posting here!!

Gremmie

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2007 12:34 pm Reply with quote

Ever hear about the cobbler's children not having shoes? Smile

I'm not qualified to speak for Raven on this matter, but I would assume that this site has been around a long, long time, and Raven has heavily modded it over the years. I don't think he has had time to convert it to the latest RavenNuke.

What you are looking at here is probably a phpBB forum mod. You may or may not be able to use it "out of the box" on RavenNuke. You'd have to go find it and then compare it to the BBtoNuke files to see if it can be merged. A good file differencing tool like WinMerge or BeyondCompare would help with this task.

motherfracker

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2007 12:36 pm Reply with quote

OK, you went over my head just then!!!! I figured it would be like that.

Susann

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2007 12:42 pm Reply with quote

You should check your files e.g. viewonline_body.tpl, index_body.tpl because Who is online is a a standard phpBB feature. Maybe the link is only commented out or broken.

And beneed this way to track members online its possible that similar blocks like Who is where for RavenNuke already exist.

evaders99
Former Moderator in Good Standing

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2007 2:04 pm Reply with quote

There's also an IP Tracking module.. rather old, but still useful. And there's a full stats package with tracking - MS-Analysis

Need help? Nuke Patched Core, Coding Services, Webmaster Services 
Guardian2003
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2007 1:07 am Reply with quote

It is probably your theme.
I'm using Raven Nuke and as you can see; [ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ]
that link works fine.

motherfracker

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2007 5:25 am Reply with quote

I also tried one of the themes that come with RN and it still didn't work.

Gremmie

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2007 7:02 am Reply with quote

Did you try fisubice? If we can figure out which theme has it we can help you put it in your current theme.

motherfracker

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2007 7:05 am Reply with quote

Yes , I tried fisubice. It didn't work in that either. I tried all the themes that come with Ravenuke and none of them do it.

motherfracker

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2007 8:46 am Reply with quote

Guardian2003 wrote:
It is probably your theme.
I'm using Raven Nuke and as you can see; [ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ]
that link works fine.

OK, maybe I'm doing something wrong. I went to your home page and tried it and it doesn't work on yours either. How did you get to this page? [ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ]

Susann

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2007 9:19 am Reply with quote

Your Who is online works online the image isn´t clickable but thats from theme to theme different:
[ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ]

with modrewrite - .htacess:
[ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ]

motherfracker

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2007 10:01 am Reply with quote

OK, I followed the link and I see it is working. How did you get there?????????????

Gremmie

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2007 11:03 am Reply with quote

Ok cool, so this is a standard phpBB function, not a mod like I guessed. Sorry. Now you just have to put a link to this function on your site somehow, if you want everyone to see it/use it. You can either add it to one of your forum templates, put it in a block, or use a custom menu...or if you just want admins to see it you could add it to your admin block.

motherfracker

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2007 11:28 am Reply with quote

Ok, i understand. So why isn't that link included in the Ravenuke when actualy page is??

Susann

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2007 11:51 am Reply with quote

Like I said before this function is standard phpBB. Beneed this its not always working correctly because of different reasons I can´t explain here in details the cookie things etc.
I have changed mine to show the last 10 minutes but many seos don´t show these results for guests anymore.
Better use NukeSentinel for this like Gremmie already said. Smile

motherfracker

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2007 12:04 pm Reply with quote

Ok, fine . I'll have to figure out a way to hper ref a link. Why is everyone pushing the sentinal. I really don't care for it much.

Susann

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2007 2:50 pm Reply with quote

There is no need to push NukeSentinel because its just the best.
You can track and ban nearly everything. Don´t know what you are exactly looking for.
Your simple "Who is online" function the link at the forums bottom works like it should.
OffTopic

Last edited by Susann on Tue Aug 28, 2007 2:55 pm; edited 1 time in total 
motherfracker

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2007 2:54 pm Reply with quote

Susann wrote:
Your simple "Who is online" function the link at the forums bottom works.
OffTopic

OH GOD!!!!! I'm going out of my mind. What link????? Where the heck is it????????

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> RN v2.10.01 - All Issues

View next topic
View previous topic