Ravens PHP Scripts: Forums

View next topic
View previous topic
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> RN v2.10.01 - All Issues
firstwiseman
Regular
Regular

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2007 7:27 am Reply with quote

I've done clean, fresh installs of PHP-Nuke version rn2.10.01 (RavenNuke) and in every instance the Feedback Module is not properly.

Users click FEEDBACK, are sent to the module index page and when they fill in the info and click send they get the "your message sent" page but the message goes nowhere. Additionally, the graphx check is not working on this module.

I've checked the default email setting and tested them to be sure the indicated email account is active and working. It is.

Did a search of these forums for feedback module problems in RN2.10.01 but don't think this has been mentioned before.

Gremmie
Former Moderator in Good Standing

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2007 8:07 am Reply with quote

Nuke uses the PHP mail() function to send mail. Some hosts don't let you use that. Is your host allowing mail()?

Second, is your Administrator Email setting correct in the admin control panel / Preferences?

Susann

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2007 8:08 am Reply with quote

Are you using short urls ? What are your settings in rnconfig.php

firstwiseman

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2007 8:24 am Reply with quote

Gremmie wrote:
Nuke uses the PHP mail() function to send mail. Some hosts don't let you use that. Is your host allowing mail()?

Yes, the host allows mail. The email function in the forums works fine with the default settings.
Gremmie wrote:
Second, is your Administrator Email setting correct in the admin control panel / Preferences?

Yes it is. I find this problem occurring in every site where I've upgraded to the latest ver. of RN. In sites where I have not yet upgraded, the Feedback email send works.
Susann wrote:
Are you using short urls ? What are your settings in rnconfig.php

No, I'm not using short urls. The settings in my rnconfig are as follows:
Code:
$modGFXChk = array(

'Downloads' => 3,
    'Feedback' => 3,
    'News' => 3,
    'Recommend_Us' => 3,
    'Reviews' => 3,
    'Submit_News' => 3,
    'Surveys' => 3,
    'Web_Links' => 3
);

/*********************************************************************************
* TegoNuke(tm) ShortLinks Configuration Options:
**********************************************************************************/
$tnsl_bUseShortLinks   = FALSE;  //Setting this to TRUE will cause RavenNuke(tm) to shorten the URLs in GoogleTap/GTNG fashion.

Gremmie

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2007 8:57 am Reply with quote

That's weird. It works fine for me, I got a feedback email yesterday actually. I think we made a change to the "to address" format a little while back. Maybe re-upload the Feedback module files again?

I'll research that change and see what it was.

firstwiseman

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2007 9:53 am Reply with quote

Hi Gremmie - I have deleted the Feedback module and reinstalled it. I've even gone so far as to install old feedback modules and the results are the same.

This now leads me to believe it's the server and not RN's standard feedback module. I wonder what's up there and will send in an inquiry. If you find the change you mentioned, let me know.

Thanks!

montego
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2007 6:09 am Reply with quote

firstwiseman, try using the "Edit Groups" function in the ACP to send yourself an email (you may have to add a group and add your user to it). You say that the forum emails work, but maybe you have those set up to use SMTP?

Also, regarding the captcha check on the Feedback module, you cannot be logged in as an admin at the time. Try logging out of admin and any other normal user id, clear your cookies, close the browser and then check it again.

The "Spam Captchas" that are configured within rnconfig.php are disabled for site admins because it is very annoying as an admin to have to enter in a captcha on your own site when you want to test a module!

firstwiseman

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2007 7:12 am Reply with quote

montego wrote:
firstwiseman, try using the "Edit Groups" function in the ACP to send yourself an email (you may have to add a group and add your user to it).

I've tried this, created a new user and registered the user. Then I logged out. Logged back in as admin and added them to a group. No email received.
montego wrote:
You say that the forum emails work, but maybe you have those set up to use SMTP?

No, it's not set up to use SMTP at all. Forums email works. Submit News works. Your terrific HTML newsletter works.

montego wrote:
Also, regarding the captcha check on the Feedback module, you cannot be logged in as an admin at the time. Try logging out of admin and any other normal user id, clear your cookies, close the browser and then check it again.

Ah, forgot to clear the cookies. OK, captcha is working fine.

Just on the off chance that my site's host had some glitch with email I changed my email address in Preference and in Forums configuration. Same results ... I get email from Forums, HTML newsletter, Submit News .... but not from Feedback

kguske
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2007 6:40 pm Reply with quote

Just an idea, but have you checked your spam folder? Also, have you verified the admin email address in preferences?

Gremmie

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2007 6:59 pm Reply with quote

To be honest, I have had trouble sending feedback to myself also. I sort of came to the conclusion it was my host or "just the way it worked". My user account I was sending to had a mailbox forward that resolved to the same mailbox forward as my admin email in preferences, and I think it got dropped for this reason somewhere (i.e. the from and to email addresses ended up being the same). But when I tried sending feedback to myself from a test user account that had a completely different email address I got those 100% of the time.

firstwiseman

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2007 7:48 pm Reply with quote

kguske wrote:
Just an idea, but have you checked your spam folder? Also, have you verified the admin email address in preferences?

I don't have a spam folder. The email addresses I use are either my personal everyday email or the sites email, which as mentioned I am getting from every source on the site except Feedback.

The admin email in preferences is correct as well.

I've even gone so far as to uninstall Feedback and also to Unzip the RN file and start fresh. Still no email from Feedback. It's a strange one isn't it.

firstwiseman

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2007 7:55 pm Reply with quote

Gremmie wrote:
To be honest, I have had trouble sending feedback to myself also. I sort of came to the conclusion it was my host or "just the way it worked". My user account I was sending to had a mailbox forward that resolved to the same mailbox forward as my admin email in preferences, and I think it got dropped for this reason somewhere (i.e. the from and to email addresses ended up being the same). But when I tried sending feedback to myself from a test user account that had a completely different email address I got those 100% of the time.

Well I logged out from admin account. Then I made sure I was logged out from any user account. I then deleted all cookies, history, etc. While I was at it I cleaned out the prefetch, did a cold boot and ran a couple of cookie deletion utils just to be guilty of overkill. Then I rebooted, visited the website and created a new user account and sent in some News, Feedback, email from forums. I logged out.

Did the deletion thing again --- cookies, etc. and opened my email. There were the Submit News and forums email. But zip from Feedback.

Gremmie

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2007 8:24 pm Reply with quote

I'd go instrument the mail() call. See if it is returning true or false.

firstwiseman

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2007 9:12 pm Reply with quote

Gremmie wrote:
I'd go instrument the mail() call. See if it is returning true or false.

Isn't the mail function the same for Feedback as in Submit News? Or was that zinnnngggging sound I just heard because this just went completely over my head ...

kguske

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2007 10:21 pm Reply with quote

Same mail function, but different details. You might ask your host to check the mail queue to see what's going on. For example, on Feedback, it might try to use the sender's from email address, and your host might be blocking it. On submit news and forum posts, it's probably using the admin email as the from email. If your host is preventing email sent from your server with the user's address, maybe you can change the Feedback module to use the admin email as the FROM email. But didn't you try to send yourself email with the admin email as the sender?

CodyG
Life Cycles Becoming CPU Cycles

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2007 10:07 am Reply with quote

I'm experiencing the same feedback no mail to $adminmail issue.
hmmm... i wonder if i could have introduced it with one of my mods? like cnb_ya?

i'm planning a fresh install of this test site in the next couple of days, so we will see....

also, this test site is on a server i usually don't work on... which complicates things, eh? i wasn't the one who set up the mail account, so maybe an issue there?

have a happy nuking day!

RavensScripts

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2007 2:03 pm Reply with quote

I just activated the feedback modul in my ex 6.5 version wich is now RavenNuke 2.10.01 and using short urls rn_config = 3 it works perfectly with different languages.
There is nothing wrong it works like it should. Smile

hunnydusst

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2007 4:14 pm Reply with quote

I'm on 2.10.01 which was upgraded from the prior RN, and getting a test feedback just fine.

firstwiseman

PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2007 7:27 pm Reply with quote

I'm going to do another fresh install - completely clean - new database, new server .... a veritable clean slate ....

Will report back.

enjie

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2007 12:15 pm Reply with quote

I was having the same problem of not getting any feedback e-mail but i deleted the feedback module and replace it with a feedback module from a nuke 7.8 and it worked.

So i don't know if there any risk on doing that but that's how i get mines to work with no problem yet.

Susann

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2007 4:10 pm Reply with quote

I don´t know the feedback module from 7.8 but I´m quite sure only the feedback module from RavensDistro is secure with captcha and extra code to avoid different kinds of abuse.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> RN v2.10.01 - All Issues

View next topic
View previous topic