Ravens PHP Scripts: Forums

View next topic
View previous topic
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> Other - Discussion
floppydrivez
Involved
Involved

PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2007 8:29 pm Reply with quote

Just a few days ago, I moved host. No big big changes, but now my [ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ] is 0 PR.

Anyone got an idea? I have not been abusing google that I know of.

Without my [ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ] I still have pr of 4, but as we all know to google its totally different.

If you search [ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ] you will find 0 backlinks in google.

So confused.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
floppydrivez

PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2007 8:47 pm Reply with quote

Odd thing is, a search in google for clan themes brings up the old host. Be Back Shortly, this leads me to believe its a dns error.

I need a dns record guru? Anyone wanna pm me for more details?

Edit I guess I can ask here, my DNS type A record that points to my server ip is just clan-themes.co.uk. Should that be [ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ] instead of being a CNAME record?

hitwalker
Sells PC To Pay For Divorce

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2007 5:35 am Reply with quote

it will take some time till its updated....
as for pagerank,that can be temporary,but in some cases google can dro9p you again.
one hour ago my rank was 5,now its 0 .

kguske
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2007 5:50 am Reply with quote

I've also seen some strangeness with pagerank recently. My browser extension shows zero on several sites, but other methods show different results. I think hitwalker hit it on the head - it's temporary.

floppydrivez, your change might be related to a server change, but it should come back (and the search engines will find the new server) soon.

floppydrivez

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2007 8:23 am Reply with quote

Thanks for the feedback. Its driving me crazy. I guess time will tell how it works out.

Susann

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2007 8:30 am Reply with quote

Hitwalker your PR ist still 5 and clan-themes is 4. I changed my browser extension because the old one shows always zero.
To define a standard domain name (means always with www or choose no www) in your htaccess that´s better for your future PR. Smile

jakec
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2007 10:47 am Reply with quote

Susann, how do you define your domain name in your .htaccess? ...or am I misunderstanding what you are saying?

kguske

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2007 11:09 am Reply with quote

You can do the same thing with the force Nuke URL setting in NukeSentinel.

floppydrivez

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2007 11:14 am Reply with quote

kguske, very true. Just for the sake of knowing. I would like to know how to do it through .htaccess if anyone has it handy.

Susann

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2007 1:24 pm Reply with quote

jakec you understood it correctly.Try this its without www:

Quote:
RewriteEngine on
RewriteCond %{HTTP_HOST} ^www.mysite\.de$ [NC]
RewriteRule ^(.*) [ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ] [R=301,L]

after you added this to your .htaccess it should work. Call your site with www and check out what you get. Smile
I´ve never used NukeSentinel for this. My blog doesn´t have such a feature.

Last edited by Susann on Mon Apr 30, 2007 5:15 pm; edited 1 time in total 
floppydrivez

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2007 3:48 pm Reply with quote

Pagerank is back. No real way to tell if google was in the wrong or my dns setting but, I added [ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ] to my A NAME dns record and removed the [ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ] CNAME record.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> Other - Discussion

View next topic
View previous topic