Ravens PHP Scripts: Forums

View next topic
View previous topic
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> RN Themes Issues
kerry
Hangin' Around

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2007 3:24 am Reply with quote

Any idea why my brand new clean install of RavenNuke's phpBB 2.0.22 is so light colored?
(see http://www.managercoaching.com/grief/modules.php?name=Forums)

Actually what I want to do is install a style I made and use on another phpBB v 2.0.22 standalone forum (see http://managercoaching.com/forum/index.php Will it work?

First I want to fix the faded look on RavenNuke's phpBB forums.

Thanks,

Kerry

Last edited by kerry on Wed Apr 25, 2007 2:42 pm; edited 2 times in total 
hitwalker
Sells PC To Pay For Divorce

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2007 4:15 am Reply with quote

yes you should be able to use the theme...
maybe a minor change....but have to try it first..

the standalone style wont work.
it uses different paths.

kerry

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2007 4:29 am Reply with quote

Quote:
yes you should be able to use the theme...
Yes, I tried it and it works. Thanks. (see http://www.managercoaching.com/grief/)

Quote:
the standalone style wont work.
aahh, too bad.

Is there a form I can use to recreate the style with the colors I want?

Thanks hitwalker,

Kerry

hitwalker

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2007 4:34 am Reply with quote

no not that i know off.
but some info...

member jaded is the one that is busy with themes and therefor also with forum styles as well..
as for coding.....like the correct paths inside the style you can contact evaders if he can help you with that...

kerry

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2007 4:48 am Reply with quote

Thanks, will ask the question in a new thread/topic.

Kerry

montego
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2007 6:21 am Reply with quote

Guys, I decided to move this to the RN Themes forum. Hope you don't mind.

kerry

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2007 2:01 pm Reply with quote

Yes, thanks montego. I shouldn't have asked the theme question here.

Thanks for the reminder.

Kerry

kerry

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2007 3:30 am Reply with quote

I'm thinking I should repost this because I messed it up by asking another question in the same thread before getting the faded phpBB fixed.

[quote]Any idea why my brand new clean install of RavenNuke's phpBB 2.0.22 is so light colored? It looks faded.
(see [ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ]
[quote]

kerry

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2007 7:46 pm Reply with quote

Today, 4/27/07 1537 hrs, I reset subSilver (w/Override userstyle set to Yes) to be the default style for my RN phpBB. It is still very faded (see http://www.managercoaching.com/grief/modules.php?name=Forums). Is it it very light colored for you?

Also, the menu bar at the top, (Forum Faq, Search, etc) are quite hard to read.

Thanks,

Kerry

PS. Through trial and error I found out that the two styles I tried to make work don't work with RN's phpBB.

I'm trying to find a stytle that compliments the colors (maroon header) of the 14114 template (see http://www.managercoaching.com/grief/

montego

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2007 9:16 am Reply with quote

Yeah, I see that you switched back to fisubice. What I was seeing before was possibly a CSS conflict meaning that something in your overall theme was either overriding the same CSS element OR possible the phpBB code is not placing the right class name on your category/forum titles (less likely).

Unfortunately, though, it can be like a needle in a haystack and I am not the theme guru here. Jaded is, however, and fkelly has also done alot of theme constructing and deconstructing.

jaded
Theme Guru

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2007 9:45 am Reply with quote

Kerry, I am afraid that you are really missing the point with this issue. It is NOT that your theme does not WORK for RN. It is simply that you are using a theme and not a theme pack. So, your site shows your theme but no foroum skin to match. A theme pack contains a theme and a matching forum skin. There is nothing at all wrong with your theme. You just have to use your theme and then do what everyone said and go to your forums admin page. Then to the styles admin. Click to edit subSilver and then change your colors there. If you are NOT able to do this you will need to find a theme pack to use that you like and not just a theme. Your theme DOES work with RN.

If your theme does NOT have a forum folder in it (most do not), your site will use the default subSilver forum skin. This is not a flaw but simply the way that nuke works. That is why subSilver is so easily edited in the forums admin page via the styles admin. I hope that this clears it up for you. People have attempted to explain this several times and it seemed to have escaped you. I hope that this helped you to understand.

BTW, thanks Montego, my friend. Smile

Ghost Stories & More [ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ] 
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> RN Themes Issues

View next topic
View previous topic