Ravens PHP Scripts: Forums

View next topic
View previous topic
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> RN NukeSentinel(tm) issues
ozbutcher
Worker
Worker

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2007 12:17 am Reply with quote

Guys I'm getting a couple of emails everyday... not sure if its a bug or doing what its supposed to... this is one example I get frequently:

Code:
Date & Time: 2007-04-16 06:07:57 UTC GMT +0000

Blocked IP: 203.206.39.173
User ID: Anonymous (1)
Reason: Abuse-Script
--------------------
User Agent: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 7.0; Windows NT 5.1; .NET CLR 2.0.50727; FDM)
Query String: [ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ] (Free iiNet Traffic)
Get String: [ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ] (Free iiNet Traffic)
Post String: [ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ]
Forwarded For: none
Client IP: none
Remote Address: 203.206.39.173
Remote Port: 2582
Request Method: GET
--------------------

another one:

Code:
User Agent: IRLbot/3.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; http://irl.cs.tamu.edu/crawler)

Query String: burnt-clan.com/modules.php?name=Web_Links&l_op=viewlinkdetails&lid=8&ttitle=Gamershell (Free iiNet Traffic)
Get String: burnt-clan.com/modules.php?name=Web_Links&l_op=viewlinkdetails&lid=8&ttitle=Gamershell (Free iiNet Traffic)

another one:
Code:
User Agent: msnbot-media/1.0 (+http://search.msn.com/msnbot.htm)

Query String: [ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ] (Free iiNet Traffic)
Get String: [ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ] (Free iiNet Traffic)

hitwalker
Sells PC To Pay For Divorce

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2007 3:41 am Reply with quote

seems like like normal bots to me...but sometimes their behaviour triggers sentinel...

ozbutcher

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2007 6:34 am Reply with quote

problem is they are getting triggered all the time and my inbox is filling up more than ever. is there a way to disable these types of bot notifications? are they doing something wrong even? looks like they are trying to view the link details and I have them set to public anyway.

montego
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2007 6:44 am Reply with quote

ozbutcher, sorry, but it is a known issue to have parenthesis in your titles. If you remove those, I think these will go away. You may want to unban these by the way (through deleting the IP's from the Blocked IP's menu, or you can clear them all to start afresh).

Susann

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2007 4:33 pm Reply with quote

I believe you can ban the IRL Bot permanently.But its your decision and your content.
Or use crawl-delay but with a higher number. [ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ]

ozbutcher

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2007 5:55 pm Reply with quote

thanks people. I've cleaned up my titles so hopefully that lessens the amount of bot bans. I'll clear the ban list too to let them back in.

ozbutcher

PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2007 5:41 pm Reply with quote

I removed any parenthesis from my link title and removed all the bots from the ban list. Then a few days later the msn bot got banned against from viewing the very same link. There are no strange characters in the description or title though. In the body I use , ! . thats about it.

Here's the latest msn ban msg:

Quote:
User ID: Anonymous (1)
Reason: Abuse-Script
--------------------
User Agent: msnbot/1.0 (+http://search.msn.com/msnbot.htm)
Post String: [ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ]
Forwarded For: none
Client IP: none
Remote Address: 65.55.209.61
Remote Port: 16356
Request Method: GET
--------------------

Could it be the brackets setting it off? Or would it be something in the body since the Post String it trying to view the details?

montego

PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2007 9:31 pm Reply with quote

Unfortunately, it may take some time for the search engines to recognize this is a bad link, however, in the meantime I wonder if you should add this IP range into the Protected Range area of NukeSentinel.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> RN NukeSentinel(tm) issues

View next topic
View previous topic