Ravens PHP Scripts: Forums

View next topic
View previous topic
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> phpnuke 7.1
glidergirl
Hangin' Around

PostPosted: Sat Apr 10, 2004 12:27 pm Reply with quote

I have a user trying to register. She didn't complete her registration (i'm not sure she got a verification email), and therefore isn't registered. When she tries to register again, she gets the following message:

Registration Error!
ERROR: Nickname already taken

She's well-known in our community by her nickname, and we want her to be able to have it.

Can I do something manually to delete her old partial registration? Or can I activate her myself? Or can she register under a different nickname and then somehow use her old one?

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
bones
Hangin' Around

PostPosted: Sat Apr 10, 2004 2:54 pm Reply with quote

go into the admin and find the users icon and delete her information and put her back in and turn on her account

glidergirl

PostPosted: Sat Apr 10, 2004 3:02 pm Reply with quote

Thank you! I didn't realize they were housed in the user area even if not activated. Thanks again!

bones

PostPosted: Sat Apr 10, 2004 4:06 pm Reply with quote

your welcome glad to help.

Raven
Site Admin/Owner

PostPosted: Sat Apr 10, 2004 5:01 pm Reply with quote

You can also use the Resend_Email link in your Inactive Modules area of your Site Navigation. If you are logged in as Admin just click on that link to see if there are any users awaiting. If there are and you find the username you are looking for just click on the confirmation link and they will be automatically registered.

bones

PostPosted: Sat Apr 10, 2004 5:09 pm Reply with quote

hes right I forgot about that sorry.

Raven

PostPosted: Sat Apr 10, 2004 6:23 pm Reply with quote

bones wrote:
hes right I forgot about that sorry.
No need to apologize! I so much appreciate your help Bones! I just offered up another solution because I knew that GG had that module installed Smile

bones

PostPosted: Sat Apr 10, 2004 7:22 pm Reply with quote

anytime gaylen

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> phpnuke 7.1

View next topic
View previous topic