Ravens PHP Scripts: Forums

View next topic
View previous topic
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> RN Installer/Setup Issues
ozbutcher
Worker
Worker

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2007 9:11 am Reply with quote

Hey guys, great work on 2.10!!

I botched my last 2.02 site due to some mods and have decided to go for a fresh install of 2.10. I have also just moved hosts.

I am about to install the new 2.10. Can I afterwards simply upload all the data from my old tables to bring in the content, users etc? Or have the tables changed somehow?

Also whats the best way to bring in these tables and should I not import certain tables? Wink

evaders99
Former Moderator in Good Standing

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2007 3:08 pm Reply with quote

There is an upgrade script in 2.10.0 that you should run to upgrade your tables

Need help? Nuke Patched Core, Coding Services, Webmaster Services 
ozbutcher

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2007 4:45 pm Reply with quote

So If I wanted a fresh install on 2.10 on another host I should first update the current site on the old host with the update script from 2.02 to 2.10 and then copy the sql database over?

I got quite a few mods installed in the current site. A few cz mods, a quick reply mod, forum ranking mod etc. Would it be safe to upgrade a site with those mods?

ozbutcher

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2007 7:40 pm Reply with quote

Okay I started the sql update. I got 2 errors during the update. Is it okay to disregard this as the table exists?:

Quote:
CREATE TABLE nuke_cities (id mediumint(4) NOT NULL default '0', local_id mediumint(3) NOT NULL default '0', city varchar(65) NOT NULL default '', cc char(2) NOT NULL default '', country varchar(35) NOT NULL default '', PRIMARY KEY (id)); FAILED. MySQL reported: Table 'nuke_cities' already exists
city insert FAILED. MySQL reported: Duplicate entry '1' for key 1

evaders99

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2007 9:50 pm Reply with quote

Yes its fine, you already have that data so you can ignore it

ozbutcher

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2007 11:33 pm Reply with quote

d*** my host restricts SQL inserts to 20,000 Sad They have put it up to 50,000/hr but that still leaves me stuck at the install page.

I tried doing it manually, uncompressed the sql files and inserted them manually and I got through to the next step. However when it came to erased my install folder nothing loaded up.

montego
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2007 7:04 am Reply with quote

How on earth do these hosts expect people to install their systems! It just kills me. I hate shared servers!

Did you run the setup.php? That was the next step in the HowToInstall manual. How far did you get through the manual?

ozbutcher

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2007 7:51 am Reply with quote

yes after manually uploading all the nuke ip sql files I got to the setup.php. Then I renamed my install folder and tried to load the main page. Thats where I got a blank page. Also trying the ../admin.php didnt do anything, just bank page.

I'm trying a fresh install once again atm... about 3/4 done with uploading html files. I will report back a bit later on how that goes.

ozbutcher

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2007 5:26 pm Reply with quote

I did a fresh install. Again I got stopped at loading databases due to 20,000 entry limit *sigh* so I skipped that step.

- I ran the setup.php but for some reason it wouldn't submit once I filled in all the field. So I skipped it too and went to next step.
- I renamed the install folder and site loaded up good. I created superadmin account, went into admin center, sentinel and selected the HTTPAuth option.

It asked me for the password but unfortunately it will not accept. I'm guessing because I could not complete steps in setup.php.

Can I manually input my password for nuke sentinel in the database? And should I input anything else too?

Cheers Very Happy

fkelly
Former Moderator in Good Standing

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2007 5:40 pm Reply with quote

If it stops loading the database you are out of luck. I've had similar problems with Ipowerweb (well documented in forums here). If you can't get a new host right away then you might be reduced to editing the SQL file and loading it in chunks but you definitely need to get all the tables installed correctly before you can go on. There are several threads that address various aspects of this problem (look for "max questions" and "bigdump" but if they really restrict you to 20000 inserts it is time to move on.

Not to be repetitive but you need to get the database load done before you can move on.

ozbutcher

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2007 8:39 pm Reply with quote

well I loaded all the main entries... the only parts I'm having troubles with is the IP Country databases which it says is optional.

I think the information which didnt go into the database was what was in the config.php
as I skipped this step.

When I did load the site it still asked me to create a superadmin and I was able to login. But I didn't get a chance to make a password for sentinel. Where can I do this manually?

ozbutcher

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2007 8:59 pm Reply with quote

I used phpmyadmin and changed the httpauth to 0 so I could get back in. then I made sure I scanned for new admins before turning httpauth back on Smile

works now. woohoo Smile
will donate again as soon as some cheques clear Smile

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> RN Installer/Setup Issues

View next topic
View previous topic