Ravens PHP Scripts: Forums

View next topic
View previous topic
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> phpnuke 7.0
jaded
Theme Guru

PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2007 7:17 am Reply with quote

Fatal error: Cannot re-assign $this in /home/****/public_html/admin/modules/approvemembers.php on line 145

This error just started on a clients site. Here is a copy of the file. I have searched for a way to fix this but to no avail. I am hoping that one of you will be able to take the time to help me get this sorted. Thank you in advance.
[ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ]

I think that this might be a php5 related error but that is just an educated guess.

Ghost Stories & More [ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ] 
Gremmie
Former Moderator in Good Standing

PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2007 8:22 am Reply with quote

The $this variable is used in object oriented PHP. Does this code predate the version of PHP that introduced classes and OO? It kind of looks like it. Just rename the $this variable to something else....maybe $that. Smile

Raven
Site Admin/Owner

PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2007 10:17 am Reply with quote

$this should never be used as a variable name except in a class structure, which your file is not. If it is used on a version 5.x site, it will not work as v5.x does not allow you to use reserved words as variable names although v4.x and down does.

jaded

PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2007 5:17 pm Reply with quote

okay, thank you both. Renaming it seems to have worked. I guess someone should update those "approve members" modules one day.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> phpnuke 7.0

View next topic
View previous topic