Ravens PHP Scripts: Forums

View next topic
View previous topic
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> Other - Discussion
ladykat

PostPosted: Sat Jan 20, 2007 8:00 am Reply with quote

Greetings all

I have a few questions if you can help me out.

First of all let me give a bit of background......

I have two php-nuke sites which one I have had for a very long time (enchantedcastles.net) and one I recently added for my high school class (lakenheathhs.com) when I put the 2nd one up I will admit I forgot about what I read here about going past version 7.6 and downloaded the most current php-nuke out there and built it. (yes it got hacked) I converted it down to 7.6 and all is fine now except for the speeds.
Blonde Moment

But....

I wanted to convert to Ravennuke7.6 but had alot of trouble with the secuirty where I could not log on and such.. I have a feeling this has to do with my server globat.com (the server will only use CGI AUTH, but will not let me use .htaccess files) but I also (not only on my site for other sentinal sites) Where I get the invalid IP. Where I do like the idea of security I hate the idea of being blocked due to being behind a router.
Bang Head

Where I love my Nuke and have used it for a long time now. I do not like the speed of my site. Page generation is anywhere from 20 to 60 Secs and mostly on the slower side. I was hoping that the Ravennuke program could help in this, but not being able to log-in on a fresh install tends to nix that idea unless someone knows more than me and can help.

Question
I personally can't tell if it is my server or my code and was wondering what I could do to find out.

Lady Kathleen
Wave

jakec
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Jan 20, 2007 8:52 am Reply with quote

Well to be honest it sounds like it is the host that is causing you problems. When using RN I regulary got load times less than a second, more often 0.05 seconds, or less.

I believe the new version of RN is going to be even faster! Very Happy

RavensScripts

Guardian2003
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Jan 20, 2007 8:54 am Reply with quote

The invalid IP problem has been discussed before and using the latest IP 2 Country data seems to resolve that problem.

As to load times, there are so many things that can influence that.
Large images (large file sizes), links to images, news feeds or other data from an external source and of course if you are on a shared server, how many other users there are and what resources they are using.

djmaze
Subject Matter Expert

PostPosted: Sat Jan 20, 2007 1:19 pm Reply with quote

It's MySQL, don't ask me how i know this but when you are a MySQL guru you know :p

Susann

PostPosted: Sat Jan 20, 2007 3:44 pm Reply with quote

I´m using Nuke 6.5 h bad coded by Mr. Burzi and my page Generation is 0.348 seconds. I know I could optimize that going through the code and the lang files but I found the right host and I prefer slim line.
No gallerys only small pics where needed and a lot of the modules are deactiveted.Signatures in my forum are also deactiveted I prefer a forum without mods but I´m using two small mods.

ladykat

PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2007 9:13 am Reply with quote

Thanks for the comments they have given me some things to look into. I will try and find that latest IP 2 Country data that you were talking about Guardian2003.

I do know that the lakenheathhs.com site does not have alot of Graphics and outside links where the enchantedcastles.net site does so I would expect the lakenheathhs.com site to run faster than the enchantedcastles.net site.

I just loaded the enchantedcastles.net site this morning at a rate of 30.3 secs. and the lakenheathhs.com site loaded right after that at 40.7 secs.

jakec, one of the reasons I am looking into all this is because I also do believe it is a combination of the host plus the code. I think the code on the lakeheathhs.com site might be a bit jaked up due to the hacking as well.

Kathleen

ladykat

PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2007 3:02 pm Reply with quote

I thought I would come back and let you all know what I have found so far from some testing and researching I did.

I had a test site and I moved all the lakenheathhs.com files over and the sql
(don't ask me why I did not think to do this before hehehe) I used this one test due to the size is smaller than the enchantedcastles.net site.

I did have a few errors to start with as directories and such were not chmoded correct yet. but after fixing a couple errors and getting it mostly correct.. the spped of the site was a WHOOPING .70 secs on average. WOW Hugh differance.

Now I am totally considering moving away from Globat.com

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> Other - Discussion

View next topic
View previous topic