Ravens PHP Scripts: Forums

View next topic
View previous topic
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> w/Nuke 6.9
Poll
Does the PhPNuke/PhPBB forum work well for you?
Why yes, I've never had a bit of trouble
33%
 33%  [ 1 ]
Yes, but it's not very user friendly - there are better products out there
33%
 33%  [ 1 ]
No, I have had lots of trouble with the phpBB module
33%
 33%  [ 1 ]
No, I don't use forums on my site
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
No, I use a different product altogether for forums
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 3

glidergirl
Hangin' Around

PostPosted: Fri Mar 26, 2004 11:25 pm Reply with quote

I am beginning to think we should have spent megabucks to get something that has these integrated modules but WORKS.

There are very few things that actually DO work well in the forums on our board. But these bugs are driving us crazy:

a) people say they have are told when they register that they've registerd before, but haven't (we still have very few members and haven't been up that long, so I believe them).

b) Avatars don't work -- we can neither get rid of them NOR get them to work

c) UBB code doesn't work. Ordered lists don't "order" and URL feature doesn't allow for hypertext descriptions.

I realize that this is a stripped down product, and is QUITE dated. But so little of this works well for us that I'm not sure it's worth it.

Any ideas for me?

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
Raven
Site Admin/Owner

PostPosted: Sat Mar 27, 2004 9:10 am Reply with quote

glidergirl wrote:
a) people say they have are told when they register that they've registerd before, but haven't (we still have very few members and haven't been up that long, so I believe them).
Have them detail step-by-step what they did and have them replicate it and send you the information. There is a good chance that they either are doing something incorrectly or they may have discovered a bug. Either way it is not a matter of believing them; it's a matter of being able to reporduce it and describing it to effect a solution. If this was a global issue then we would have heard about it by now.

Quote:
b) Avatars don't work -- we can neither get rid of them NOR get them to work
It has been well documented that Avatars have been broken since v6.5 of nuke when the phpbb was integrated into nuke. Sad but true. If you want to do away with avatars that can be done. Who is telling you otherwise?

Quote:
c) UBB code doesn't work. Ordered lists don't "order" and URL feature doesn't allow for hypertext descriptions.
Hypertext descriptions? Of course it does.
Code:
[url=http://ravenphpscripts.com]This is my site[/url]

This is my site

glidergirl

PostPosted: Sat Mar 27, 2004 9:22 am Reply with quote

Okay, so how do I get rid of the avatars?

Raven

PostPosted: Sat Mar 27, 2004 9:29 am Reply with quote

Well, logically I would do this:

In Forum Admin:
Enable gallery avatars Yes No
Enable remote avatars Yes No
Avatars linked to from another website Yes No

Then, Your_Account/index.php will have to be modified to remove all references to avatars or at least the Your Info part to not allow selecting of avatars.

Then you will have to delete all references to avatars in the nuke_users table using phpMyAdmin.

I would think that would take care of it.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> w/Nuke 6.9

View next topic
View previous topic