Ravens PHP Scripts: Forums

View next topic
View previous topic
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> Security - PHP Nuke
jjh221
Worker
Worker

PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2007 1:13 am Reply with quote

I was looking through my tracked ip logs and I found an unregistered user viewing the following link: [ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ]
I thought that link was only used when in "Your Account" home and when clicking on messages link.

I just went to mysite.com and pasted the link above and it shows in my tracked ip log. Would there be a reason someone would try to copy and paste that link to access anything? or is there something else i should be worried about. All other actions seemed to be that of a curious browser. I guess...
Oh and first they went to "Your Account" link then to "Private Messages" link then to link above. :shrugs:

Is there a way to further track someones actions?

montego
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2007 6:38 am Reply with quote

Quote:

just went to mysite.com and pasted the link above and it shows in my tracked ip log.

I am guessing that you were still logged in either as a regular user or admin.

Quote:

I thought that link was only used when in "Your Account" home and when clicking on messages link.

Regarding this, it is possible that other modules also point to this link. The key is finding out the referring URL. You might have to look at your server access logs to find that. Take the IP address that NukeSentinel shows and the general time-frame when this occurred and go hunting... Smile

Make sure they really did go from YA to PM directly.

jjh221

PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2007 11:12 am Reply with quote

herm ima keep looking. Oh! and is there an auto prune on the tracked ip's list? I check today and a few of them are missing like wtf. Me thinks someone i messing with me. Or me thinks me lost me mind.

montego

PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2007 6:08 pm Reply with quote

There is a setting within the NukeSentinel adminstration page for the number of days to track...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> Security - PHP Nuke

View next topic
View previous topic