Ravens PHP Scripts: Forums

View next topic
View previous topic
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> phpnuke 7.6
tina
Regular
Regular

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2006 4:30 am Reply with quote

New installation of 7.6 patched 3.01 with latest Nuke Sentinel

Everything was fine last night, links and news were being added. Since this morning... users can't add news, links etc. Instead they and (me) get a http 406 code:

------------------------------

This error (HTTP 406 Not Acceptable) means that Internet Explorer was able to receive information from the website you visited, but the information was not in a format that Internet Explorer can display.

For more information about HTTP errors, see Help.
--------------------

Everything seems to be working fine from the admin panel.

I haven't done any coding or work on files for a few days - I swear. I looked at my .htaccess files and they are set up correctly for sentinel.

tina

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2006 5:07 am Reply with quote

Just a quick correction.

I am getting this error when submitting weblinks as a user or when trying to edit the messages as an admin.

kguske
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2006 6:59 am Reply with quote

Someone else asked about that recently, but I don't remember if or how it was resolved. It's a very unusual error, and appears to have something to do with your browser settings.

tina

PostPosted: Wed Nov 22, 2006 2:19 am Reply with quote

Yeah, I tried searching for a answer - one that I thought looked promising, had a link to another site for the answer and that page has since been removed (although it didn't provide a resolution for the poster).

I have within the last week moved back to using IE instead of firefox as ff uses more system resources then IE and I updated IE and my firewall but apart from that I haven't made any other changes. (IE and firewall are set to accept everything for this site).

Strangely I have 3 other php nuke sites 2 of which are 7.6 patched with sentinal and this is the only one that I have the issue with and as both share the same server logic appears to dictate that it has to be something with the programme.

tina

PostPosted: Wed Nov 22, 2006 4:37 am Reply with quote

I've managed to get the messages submit form working not sure what I did to get that to work, so its just the weblinks module. I was doing a few things with the messages function - I re-uploaded all admin directory files from scratch. That didn't work. I deleted the message using PHPmyadmin and then tried reentering. I notices that if i tried to enter the entire message it wouldn't post but if I entered the start of the message it would. I then attempted to enter the message by trial and error to find out what word or character it was hanging on... and in the process of this trial and error... I lost my message text entirely by forgetting to paste it into a word document so had to write another from scratch and its working fine. Go figure.

Now for the weblinks...

This is the error I am showing in my logs:

[21/Nov/2006:21:27:45 +1100] "POST /modules.php?name=Web_Links&l_op=Add HTTP/1.1" 406 342 "http://www.myurl.com/modules.php?name=Web_Links&l_op=AddLink" "Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 7.0; Windows NT 5.1)"

I've contacted my host to see if they can answer the issue - apart from that I am clue less.

tina

PostPosted: Thu Nov 23, 2006 3:49 am Reply with quote

This is what my host replied:

406 is related to security (apache will block URLS call
with certain patterns that hackers use to gain entry into php/mysql sites).

So... I downloaded the latest version of 7.6 patched 3.1 from here. I noticed that one of the modules had spanish or similar language that had been changed where it should be english after I set it up on the server, which I changed. Is it possible that the download on this site is corrupt? Or is the coding in the weblinks module faulty?

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> phpnuke 7.6

View next topic
View previous topic