Ravens PHP Scripts: Forums

View next topic
View previous topic
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> phpnuke 8.0
djrino
Regular
Regular

PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2006 11:31 am Reply with quote

Hi
i'm running phpnuke8 they have a tiny_mce but i have reades the advanced or full editor was disabled..

now i have tested all code to put a simple vord on read color and nothing the tiny_mce erase the code for color..

now i say that the advanced funcions have a bug but i need to put my text in color..
please there are any way to set it to full version only for admin?

or any way to accept the css color or the color tags?

Many tnx for reply

evaders99
Former Moderator in Good Standing

PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2006 11:55 am Reply with quote

Unfortunately FB removed the advanced editor from 7.9 and higher. You would have to get the advanced editor files from 7.7 or 7.8

Need help? Nuke Patched Core, Coding Services, Webmaster Services 
djrino

PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2006 1:20 pm Reply with quote

Hi evaders99
Tnx for your time..

Ok, i heve tried to get the advanced from 7.8 and i have no success..

Please if possible du you tell me wath file i need to make this work

Many Tnx

fkelly
Former Moderator in Good Standing

PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2006 3:06 pm Reply with quote

Just a statement of opinion, but you are going down a road that's a dead end. They (I should say he) put the advanced editor in a couple of releases ago. The people who were really technically skilled in the Nuke community immediately said how insecure it was and started efforts to come up with an alternative. Now you have Ravennuke with a built in wysiwyg editor that will be standard in the next release and that is secure. And you are trying to cobble together a way to make the "official" Nuke work with and editor software integration that is intrinisically insecure.

Again this is opinion and labeled as such but you'd be best to install Ravennuke 2.02 or wait a short while for Ravennuke 2.10 that will come with the editor standard. (Actually 2.02 comes with the editor standard too, you just have to flip a switch and do a few edits to turn it on).

djrino

PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2006 3:15 pm Reply with quote

Hi fkelly

i have intended your point and i say tnx

im awaiting the ravennuke version but if i can make a suggestion, please put on it the sections mod very usefully for my ideas.
The contend mod dont display ow many times the page as vieved, for view this i need to see the page, on sections mod directly see this..

many tnx for your time

fkelly

PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2006 7:55 am Reply with quote

By sections mod do you mean "news"? And contend, means "content"?

Incidentally, if you do mean news and you are talking about the "number of reads" I have found that statistic to be totally useless and worse ... misleading. I keep intending to hack the themes to remove it but then when I update I'd have to remember to retain the hack and that's a p.i.t.a. pardon the expression.

djrino

PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2006 8:49 am Reply with quote

Hi
i dont say if i have intended your questions..
but yes i ned the sections only becouse i see the number of reads of any contents... with the contents mod for this i ned to enter in the page...
i have intented that this mos is obsolete rigt? and ful of bug..
but i heva tested various mods like tutorial modules but not soddisf mi exigence..
about tiny, its good to heve it updated alwais and always the option to get it to full version, after set it to full is responsability of webmaster to update the editor.

on the net have a lot of person who install the fck editor good good editor but how install it to other mod????
i'm not a programer but witha good tutorial i get it work but i dont find anithing..
and now on my site i need to enlarge the font of a text, to make it red aind a'm stoppet on this smoll funcions....

many people want a editor an some many people don find tutorial how to meke a fck or tiny on any mod..

now on my site i have 4700 users i'm running phpnuke7.6 i have tested to upgrade to last version but when i termine the upgrade mi site dont work anymore...and this is a problem for some users....

but sorry for my En
and tnx for your time

fkelly

PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2006 9:29 am Reply with quote

If you are not a programmer then you are probably best off sticking with the features that come with whatever distribution you are working with rather than trying to install editors or get them working for modules which the distribution authors didn't set them up to work with. It's not just a matter of whether there is a "tutorial" or not, the work gets pretty complicated and intricate and unless you understand the PHP coding and interactions within the system you are much more likely to wind up with a non-working system than you are to enhance it.

kguske
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2006 10:35 am Reply with quote

Has anyone seen an explanation as to why the editor was removed from 8.0? Strange...

djrino

PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2006 1:26 pm Reply with quote

Too strange for me too

a html editor is in falt on nuke but not necessary the tiny...

evaders99

PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2006 9:25 pm Reply with quote

TinyMCE was not removed from 8.0. However, the advanced mode was removed from 7.9 and higher.

According to FB's changes log...
Code:

- Removed advanced wysiwyg editor to reduce load and avoid possible security risks with many useless options

kguske

PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2006 10:41 am Reply with quote

Thanks for clarifying that, evaders99.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> phpnuke 8.0

View next topic
View previous topic