Ravens PHP Scripts: Forums

View next topic
View previous topic
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> Other - Discussion
Dauthus
Worker
Worker

PostPosted: Mon Aug 28, 2006 8:55 pm Reply with quote

I just had my page load improperly and several "keywords" appeared on this site. I took a look at the view source of the index page and was surprised to find the following hidden text on the index page:

Code:
<h1 class="hidegoogle">php expert, News, news, Technology, technology, downloads, php, PHP, phpnuke themes, php scripts, php programming, php programmer, free phpnuke themes, bandwidth meter, ventrilo , phpnuke 7.9, ip tracking, nuke sentinel, sentinel, nukesentinel, nuke sentinal, nukesentinal, sentinal, nuke help, stock,stocks,stock quote,stock quotes,free real time quote, sentinel nuke, nukesentinel, security, ported mods, ported.mods, nuke security, kisgb, kissq, php guestbook, stock quotes, php programming, mysql, programming</h1>

I have always heard this was a big no no when designing web pages, as hidden text and/or links could get your site banned from most search engines. Has this helped in the SEO aspect?

manunkind
Client

PostPosted: Mon Aug 28, 2006 9:26 pm Reply with quote

That's on the main page of this site. I guess it was not removed when Raven packaged it and it's probably on everybody's site that uses RavenNuke. Smile

Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Aug 29, 2006 1:09 am Reply with quote

manunkind, no, it is NOT a part of RavenNuke. Raven does not run RavenNuke for his site here. He is on a heavily mod'ed 6.5 site.

Personally, I would not use this, as I too, have heard the same thing... but, then again, has it hurt Raven's site?

manunkind

PostPosted: Tue Aug 29, 2006 5:31 am Reply with quote

Oh ok, I mis-read the post then. I thought Dauthus said it was happening on his site because it said "I just had my page load improperly...". I guess it was seen on this site and being questioned.

Yeah I saw that a while back and wondered the same thing. I never attempted it on my site though, just in case.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> Other - Discussion

View next topic
View previous topic