Ravens PHP Scripts: Forums

View next topic
View previous topic
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> Raven's RavenNuke(tm) v2.00.00 - v2.02.00 Distro
runswithscissors
Hangin' Around

PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2006 9:00 pm Reply with quote

Ok I have a test server that is running windows
I'm using WAMP Server.
if you are not framiliar with it it is a single install that puts Apache and MySQL myphpAdmin and all that stuff and sets it up for you and every thing. I'm no php-expert but I have set it up and made sites with it severral times.

I have had standard pnp-nuke 7.6 and 7.8 installed and running fine. My buddy was telling about all of the security holes in php-nuke and suggested that I get RavenNuke76(tm) Version 2.02.02

so I came to the site and read about it and it sounds great.....

I cannot for the life of me get past the mySQL install. I have tried everything I can think of . and I keep getting:

MySQL Database Connectivity Test Results

'; $db = mysql_select_db($dbname); if (!$db) {rnInstallErr(3); die();} echo 'Database '.$dbname.' found!
'; function rnInstallErr($errNum) { if ($errNum==1) die('It appears that your nuke config.php file is either missing or the permissions are not allowing it to be accessed. Please verify the config.php is in your root folder where your mainfile.php is located and has permissions of at least 644. Then try running the Install script again.'); elseif ($errNum==2) die('I was unable to reach your MySQL server using the MySQL connection settings in your nuke config.php file. The exact error message that your MySQL server reported is '.mysql_error().'.'); elseif ($errNum==3) die('I was able to reach your MySQL server using the MySQL connection settings in your nuke config.php file, but I was unable to reach/locate the database '.$dbname.'. The exact error message that your MySQL server reported is '.mysql_error().'.'); elseif ($errNum==4) die('ERROR! The exact error message that your MySQL server reported is '.mysql_error().'.'); elseif ($errNum==90) die('You have attempted to crack the Installer Script. All pertinent information for this session has been saved and will be reviewed by the System Administrator and appropriate action will be taken.'); elseif ($errNum==91) die('It does not appear that there are any tables to be loaded. Installation stopped.'); elseif ($errNum==80) die('Unable to update AUTHORS table with random password. MySQL server reported: '.mysql_error().'. Installation stopped.'); elseif ($errNum==81) die('Unable to update NukeSentinel(tm) Admin table with random password. MySQL server reported: '.mysql_error().'. Installation stopped.'); } ?>

I followed the instructions to the letter like 10 times now and I ge the same thing.

I even installed nuke-php 7.8 just to check and make sure everthing was working and that worked fine.

man I'm completely lost here

gregexp
The Mouse Is Extension Of Arm

PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2006 10:45 pm Reply with quote

save this in a txt file:

<?php
// Coded by DARKLORD From SCRATCH. There are other scripts that do this,
// but I did NOT use them as a template of any kind!!!
// No need to edit this, Just upload to the nuke root directory.
// Delete this file when finished!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!<--MUST

include_once ("config.php");
$dbi = mysql_connect($dbhost, $dbuname, $dbpass, $dbname);
$db = mysql_select_db ("$dbname");
if ($dbi AND $db){
Echo "Success, A connection could be established to your database";

}else{
$link= @mysql_connect($dbhost, $dbuname, $dbpass);
if ($link){
echo " Establish a connection to the server but not to the database, The database $dbname either is not the correct database name or not there at all, please edit it. Remember when using CPANEL it will most likely be username(cpanel)_database";
}else{
$link= @mysql_connect('localhost', $dbuname, $dbpass);
IF ($link){
echo "Your host is localhost, please change it to that and re-run this script if problems continue";
}else {
if ($dbhost!=localhost){
echo "Either your username or pass is wrong or your host isnt localhost or $dbhost, Please check with your host for further assistance.<BR> Also check to verify that this is a mysql database and not any other form!!";
}else{
echo "Check your username and password to the mysql Database. Either your username or pass is wrong or your host is not localhost, Please check with your host for further assistance.<BR> Also check to verify that this is a mysql database and not any other form!!";
}
}
}
}

?>

name it sql.php
Upload it to the same directory as config.php.
then goto it like [ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ]
Let me know the results.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2006 11:02 pm Reply with quote

Warning: mysql_connect() [function.mysql-connect]: Access denied for user 'rn76v202'@'localhost' (using password: YES) in C:\wamp\www\html\sql.php on line 10

Warning: mysql_select_db() [function.mysql-select-db]: Access denied for user 'ODBC'@'localhost' (using password: NO) in C:\wamp\www\html\sql.php on line 11

Warning: mysql_select_db() [function.mysql-select-db]: A link to the server could not be established in C:\wamp\www\html\sql.php on line 11
Check your username and password to the mysql Database. Either your username or pass is wrong or your host is not localhost, Please check with your host for further assistance.
Also check to verify that this is a mysql database and not any other form!!

montego
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2006 6:36 am Reply with quote

runswithscissors, please do me a favor and when you guys get done solving this, update your topic title to something more meaningful. Helps folks find answers to similar problems... Wink thx.

gregexp

PostPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2006 7:53 am Reply with quote

Well we need to Get right down to the nitty gritty.

This is on a windows platform?

Do you have the rights to add a username and password for phpmyadmin?

runswithscissors

PostPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2006 9:10 am Reply with quote

yeah it is on a local test server that I have setup

gregexp

PostPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2006 10:09 am Reply with quote

ok the username and pass where not correct.

on a system that is at home and not public, you can set it to your root username and password.

in config.php I have mine set to:
$dbhost = "localhost";
$dbuname = "root";
$dbpass = "*******"; // the same password I use to log into phpmyadmin.

runswithscissors

PostPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2006 8:53 pm Reply with quote

ok I used the same info and everything and set it up on my hosting site in a sub directory of my main site at work.

SQL installer connect but had unspecified errors at line 1
I think this maya be becasue the MySQL on the site is old it is 3.23
so I logged into myphpadmin on it I created the db and made the user and imported all of the stuff manuallyall the .sql files and the 13 .gz files

then I ran the setup.php

I filled the information. and the clicked the submit button. the box pops up but it says "that I cannot have any empty fields." WTF?????

I have every field completly and properly filled in.

so I went into the file and commented out the check for empty fields and the I get the proper pop box telling congrats.

the only thing is that when I login it logs me in as a regular user and I have no administration.

I'm completly cluless. This makes no sense.

Why does this have to be so difficult. the regular php nuke installed and was up and running in about 10 minutes.

runswithscissors

PostPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2006 9:00 pm Reply with quote

Is there are way I can find the GOD account in the DB and manually edit it in myPHPAdmin?

montego

PostPosted: Fri Aug 18, 2006 7:03 am Reply with quote

Quote:

I'm completly cluless. This makes no sense.

Why does this have to be so difficult. the regular php nuke installed and was up and running in about 10 minutes.

And then you spent hours installing patches, NukeSentinel, etc..., and if you did not do that, you got hacked and spent days trying to get back to normal... I don't know what your real issues were, but 1000's have installed this using the installer and many folks have posted positive statements at how well it worked for them.

I noticed that you are on a very old mySQL... get a different host if they are still that far back! You need to be using the 4.x series at the very least.

runswithscissors

PostPosted: Fri Aug 18, 2006 9:01 am Reply with quote

it has to be the db becasue I have installed php-huke many times and I have never had a single issue. I have no doubt that this is a superiour product. It is prolly just much more pick about what it is installed on.

Not trying to be negative Raven is a great product. Just frustrated. and way behind schedule.

runswithscissors

PostPosted: Sun Aug 20, 2006 10:37 am Reply with quote

in the setup script page when you put in information for the GOD and the regular user it tries to put the same information into all of the fields but it say that for security I should have different info. which is the case? should I use the same information for the GOD and the Reg account then use something different for the sentinal account?

montego

PostPosted: Sun Aug 20, 2006 11:06 am Reply with quote

It defaults it as a convenience to those who do not wish to have different logins. It really depends on the individual. If you are ultra concerned about it, then I would have different userid's for the GOD and regular user and definitely different passwords for each. However, many do not do this. Your call to make.

runswithscissors

PostPosted: Sun Aug 20, 2006 11:29 am Reply with quote

ok on the original problem. I'm tesing on my home server. and I manualy imported everything thru my php admin. so the db is setup. but I cannot get the setup to run either it fails the same db check. Giving me that same bunch of red text as I have above. I mena if you looks at it sometyhing is breaking as best I can tell becasue it is just spitting every errors in the script back at me. instaed of a specific problem.

but if I goto [ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ]

I goto the deafult install of raven-nuke. only of course I not don't have and admin account or anything like that made. but I know that the database and the config.php are working. it is just something with these install scripts ad the way they are acting on this server. I need to know if there is an alternate method of setting up this info wether it is thru phpmyadmin or whatever.

montego

PostPosted: Sun Aug 20, 2006 1:31 pm Reply with quote

If you want to do this manually, using phpMyAdmin, drop each of these into the SQL Import, in this sequence:

rn76_core_pl32.sql
rn76_nsngroups.sql
rn76_sentinel.sql

For your local (PC) version, you do not need the IPtoCountry (Step 4).

From there, if you are used to standard PHP-Nuke configuration, just do it that way after the db is set up.

runswithscissors

PostPosted: Sun Aug 20, 2006 2:10 pm Reply with quote

I know that but how do I setup that admin account?
I mean on normal nuke it asks you on first connection to the default page.

is there a specific url that I have to type to get to it in raven?

runswithscissors

PostPosted: Sun Aug 20, 2006 2:24 pm Reply with quote

nevermind I figured it out

runswithscissors

PostPosted: Sun Aug 20, 2006 2:27 pm Reply with quote

But I don't understand how everything can work yet the installSQL.php and the setup.php dont work

that is just weird

montego

PostPosted: Mon Aug 21, 2006 6:29 am Reply with quote

I don't understand either. I have never had these issues and I now countless others have not as well. Must be simply something with your specific environment, probably the old db version as I mentioned previously.

runswithscissors

PostPosted: Mon Aug 21, 2006 8:15 am Reply with quote

well that was with the test server at work. my test server here has all current stuff on it. MySQL is version 5.0.XX oh well I seemed to have gotten it all setup manually.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> Raven's RavenNuke(tm) v2.00.00 - v2.02.00 Distro

View next topic
View previous topic