Ravens PHP Scripts: Forums

View next topic
View previous topic
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> Modules
tommyb
Hangin' Around

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2006 2:26 am Reply with quote

Hi,

I recently downgraded a 7.7 nuke to 7.6 updated the forums and then exported all the data from my mysql database. I then installed ravennuke 7.6 and imported across all my users etc and forum posts and everything is working apart from the groups. I am now using nsn groups whereas before i was using the standard group feature. Does anyone know why I could be having these issues? I'm guessing it is something to do with how nsn groups is configured and how its tables interact with the bb tables?

thanks

tom

Might help if i say what the issues are Razz :

The groups appear to be recognised yet people are unable to log into forums where they should have persmissions.

Guardian2003
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2006 2:33 am Reply with quote

Just for clarification, they can log into the site from the front page but cannot view any forums at all?
Have you turned on error reporting in config.php and if so, are any errors generated?

tommyb

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2006 2:43 am Reply with quote

They can log into the site etc the can post in forums and do everything apart from where there are group specific forums users are saying they can no longer log into these. The groups tab in the forum shows all the groups that were available prior to the port whereas in admin.php i cannot see these groups. I haven't enabled error reportign as the site is quite active and i don't want them seeing errors really if there are any(is it possible to turn error reporting on for admin only?).

thanks for the quick reply

Guardian2003

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2006 5:46 am Reply with quote

In that case you might want to check in the FORUM configuration that your groups still exist and that the users are still assigned to them.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> Modules

View next topic
View previous topic