Ravens PHP Scripts: Forums

View next topic
View previous topic
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> Post Installation Help
xplicit

PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2006 8:14 am Reply with quote

I know this has probably been answered here before, but I can not find it. The link that my users recieve, is directing them to the wrong place. I know to go into the admin/preferences than go down to Site URL, but what should be typed here? I have tried my domain name and such and can't get it to work. How should it look? Can someone check theirs and copy&paste so I can see?

kguske
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2006 8:38 am Reply with quote

Welcome.

The URL in admin / preferences should be the same as your root nuke directory. For example, if your site is [ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ] that would be the URL. But, if you use something like [ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ] to view your Nuke index page, you should use that as the Nuke URL.

gregexp
The Mouse Is Extension Of Arm

PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2006 4:19 pm Reply with quote

Whats the link that they are recieving, a long time ago I had a problem with the mail function and found a / in the url that was set to send. Been a long time but I do remember that it sent to the right domain, just wrong link overall. Like instead of [ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ] it went to [ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ]

Just another mind in on the problem.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2006 9:04 pm Reply with quote

[ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ] (this is what happens when i type in my domain dirtybastardsclan.com) So, what should i put in the site url?

montego
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2006 6:54 am Reply with quote

I would try each of the following combinations:

First try:

Nuke Preferences --> [ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ]
Forums Configuration --> dirtybastardsclan.com

Then try:
Nuke Preferences --> [ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ]
Forums Configuration --> dirtybastardsclan.com/PHP-Nuke

If you have NukeSentinel installed you may also want to try playing around with the "Force Nuke URL" switch (it defaults to "no", which is what I leave it at for me).

Your setup is definitely different. Something is redirecting to your nuke installation at a sub-directory level. That might actually be the real cause of the issue, but not certain.

xplicit

PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2006 8:37 am Reply with quote

I would like to thank everyone who assisted me on this matter, and it is now fixed. I used the second option from montego's post, and it worked great.

montego

PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2006 5:47 am Reply with quote

Great! Glad it worked.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> Post Installation Help

View next topic
View previous topic