Ravens PHP Scripts: Forums

View next topic
View previous topic
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> NSN News
mtwo

PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2006 2:27 pm Reply with quote

We use NSN news on our PHP-Nuke 7.9 with 3.1 patched and are looking for the functionality to allow news postings to show up under all topics listed in Associated Topics. We have news topics set for each of our artists, but sometimes multiple artists will perform together so we set the associated topics to be each artist, but when we view the news postings for a specific topic, we do not see any of the news postings that were listed as associated topics. Presently, we have to make duplicate postings for each topic for that article to show up under each associated topic. How do I show postings for multiple topics? Is there a way?

Please let me know

Michael

kguske
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2006 2:57 pm Reply with quote

If you mean how do you show the same story under multiple topics, I don't believe NSN News or standard news supports that. You would need to modify the topics functionality / module so that the SQL retrieves stories with a topic as associated for each topic. That would be tricky, but not impossible.

mtwo

PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2006 3:58 pm Reply with quote

Is there anyone out there willing to code this functionality?

mtwo

PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2006 10:20 am Reply with quote

Is there anyone actually working on the NSN News module? Is there some where we can post bugs that make it to the next release? When is the next release? What about google tap? Shouldn't every module be fully googletapped? What can we do to get the NSN News module updated?

kguske

PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2006 12:23 pm Reply with quote

We are trying to determine what should be added or enhanced in NSN News. NSN News was written and is supported by NukeScripts.net. We are simply trying to collect information so encourage changes that will assist the most people. We do not have a schedule, nor confirmation that any of these changes will be implemented. Hopefully, we can provide more details in the future, but right now we're just collecting information.

As for Googletap (more appropriately, short or rewritten URLs), montego is doing some work on that. It's not likely that all modules will be fully "googletapped." It's really done more on the basis of which modules are used by the most people who want them to support short / rewritten URLs.

The beautiful thing about open source software is that everyone is free to enhance the software to do whatever they like. We hope that by identifying additions that most people want, we can convince or inspire developers to make that happen.

montego
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Aug 03, 2006 5:53 am Reply with quote

Quote:

Shouldn't every module be fully googletapped?

Depends on your perspective. There are those who believe shortened URLs improve upon search engine crawling (there are many now who say it no longer matters). There are others who just think it is more asthetically pleasing to their users. It literally boils down to one of these two "camps".

All of the core nuke modules have been fully tapped from the anonymous user perspective (i.e., the search engine crawling perspective). NSN News, being an add-on (or replacement really), is left for others to tap. However, as I find good taps, or create my own, I'll be making those available too.

mtwo

PostPosted: Fri Aug 04, 2006 9:45 am Reply with quote

Besides search engine friendly behavior, I think it make a site more user friendly, especially when referencing pages or other links.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> NSN News

View next topic
View previous topic