Ravens PHP Scripts: Forums

View next topic
View previous topic
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> Modules
slacker

PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2005 11:36 am Reply with quote

I installed nucalendar and everything appears to be working correctly except for submissions. Should there be something in the waiting events block? Just seeing if anyone else has had this problem, if the submissions are found somewhere else or what file I should be looking for in case of a botched install

thanks in advance

version 7.5
nucalendar 6.1

dean
Worker
Worker

PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2005 2:06 pm Reply with quote

Was looking at instructions last night - did you make the edits to your files noted in the Read Me?

slacker

PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2005 8:40 pm Reply with quote

Just needed the nudge to get me trying to solve my own problem
thanks...still not working quite right.

directions are:
If you want to add a line in your Waiting Content block that tells you the
number of events waiting for admin approval, merge the files
mainfile.php.hack.youverionofnuke into your mainfile.php in function
adminblock() (approx line 673 for version 6.5) and merge
language/lang-yourlang.php.hack with your language/lang-yourlang.php file.

I put the mainfile hack at line number 882 for phpnuke 7.5.
I am still not seeing a waiting event for nucalendar
I am seeing an "events needing admin approval" drop down menu that is now in the admin section. I can open it and edit the iformation but I cannot submit or approve the submission.

CodyG
Life Cycles Becoming CPU Cycles

PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2005 8:46 pm Reply with quote

Are you submitting the events? Have someone else submit an event and see if the event waiting works. The calendar knows you as admin and probably automatically approves the event.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2005 9:33 pm Reply with quote

I using firefox for admin and I use explorer to test as I make changes to permissions. Whatever I submit isnt automatically put into the calendar...it is in some kind of edit limbo. here is a screenshot of what I am looking at. The submissions show up in the events needing admin approval but when I edit some info and enter it is still not showing on the calendar itself. Note...there isnt a nucalendar section in the waiting event section.
[ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ]

any code or other files you need to look at ...just let me know and I will post

CodyG

PostPosted: Wed Feb 02, 2005 10:28 am Reply with quote

All looks normal to me from the screenshot. You just need to choose to "edit the event" that needs Admin Approval (quest?) and give it admin approval from the drop down Yes/No menu in the edit section. Then click the edit event button at the bottom. I always thought that should be a submit event button.

I use NuCalendar on a couple of websites because it has recurring events, which Event Calendar doesn't have. The new version even allows User Submitted Events... now if would only allow topics, image uploading and comments ...

slacker

PostPosted: Wed Feb 02, 2005 1:36 pm Reply with quote

It looks like I dont have an admin approval button [ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ]

The user submitted events is what I am trying to get to function but cant seem to approve or have anything show up in the waiting content block.

Olaf_The_White

PostPosted: Sun Feb 13, 2005 5:30 pm Reply with quote

There is no Button, its a drop down box right below the place where you set the date and times. Its kinda hidden in there and it took me forever to find it!

It really should be made into an approve button and placed at the bottom of the page or something

My waiting content block is working just fine I added this around line 859
$numwaitevents = $db->sql_numrows($db->sql_query("select * from ".$prefix."_nucal_events where isapproved='0'"));
$content .= "<strong><big>&middot;</big></strong>&nbsp;<a href=\"admin.php?op=NuCalendar\">"._NUMWAITINGEVENTS."</a>: $numwaitevents<br></font>";

and it woked like a charm!

Olaf

slacker

PostPosted: Tue Feb 15, 2005 9:45 am Reply with quote

That code worked like a charm and I got the nucalendar to work in the waiting content. I finally opened my eyes and saw that admin approval yes/no drop down and it was cake from there. Thanks guys...I had pretty much wrote is off but you guys where still at at it.

Until I have another problem
-slacker

deogey

PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2005 12:41 am Reply with quote

ok so i can't figure out if i'm retarded or if i am doing something wrong....

I have the nuCalendar .61 installed on phpNuke 7.5 added the language & waiting contact hacks.... both working like a champ....

Admin events go in like a champ
User submitted events go to the 'waiting approval' queue... so far so good

but i can't approve them, yes i see the dropdown box for admin approval, I select yes and click the 'edit event' button.....

from there it doesn't get submitted, doesn't get updated, and never leaves teh 'waiting approval' queue....

what am i missing??

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> Modules

View next topic
View previous topic