Ravens PHP Scripts: Forums

View next topic
View previous topic
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> v2.4 RN Documentation
thebishop
Worker
Worker

PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2011 4:02 pm Reply with quote

Will the new NSNGD module ever be included by default in RN ?

Palbin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2011 5:23 pm Reply with quote

It is already in the next release.

"Debugging is twice as hard as writing the code in the first place. Therefore, if you write the code as cleverly as possible, you are, by definition, not smart enough to debug it." — Brian W. Kernighan. 
thebishop

PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2011 5:27 pm Reply with quote

Excellent, thank you Palbin

montego
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Aug 27, 2011 8:49 am Reply with quote

Cheers

Just keep in mind RN Team to allow enough time to incorporate the needed DB changes and data migration. It is a bit more involved than some of the previous module replacements that we did.

Palbin

PostPosted: Sat Aug 27, 2011 1:33 pm Reply with quote

Already done M. Still needs tested though.

thebishop

PostPosted: Sat Aug 27, 2011 2:18 pm Reply with quote

Montego, did you include the downloadd script ?

Palbin

PostPosted: Sat Aug 27, 2011 3:30 pm Reply with quote

You mean disallowing direct linking? If so yes.

thebishop

PostPosted: Sat Aug 27, 2011 3:47 pm Reply with quote

Palbin wrote:
You mean disallowing direct linking? If so yes.

No, this is a script for dumping thousands of downloads into the data base all at once.

Palbin

PostPosted: Sat Aug 27, 2011 4:11 pm Reply with quote

No.

thebishop

PostPosted: Sat Aug 27, 2011 6:00 pm Reply with quote

Bummer, that would have been a very nice addition to this module. I didn't see it included in the version he sent me either, that's why I haven't installed it yet.

I'm wondering if it can be made into a module. The script saves countless hours of typing for Nuke sites that host a lot of gaming files like maps and such.

montego

PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2011 2:25 pm Reply with quote

thebishop, I do have it in the consideration for future releases, but the issue I had with it is it would just plow through an entire directory full of raw files. While this would load a ton of downloads at once, much of the download's meta data would be missing or not very helpful in describing the download.

For example, the only information available to the script is what can be gathered from the file system, so only: file name and size. Not very helpful to end users even with good descriptive file names.

What I would like to do instead is provide a way for you to load not only the files, but the desired meta data. I'm thinking of supporting CSV and XML formats at a minimum. Thoughts?

NOTE: if you would rather start a new thread here or on my site, I'd like to gather more input on this. It just couldn't release it as it was. Sorry.

thebishop

PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2011 2:52 pm Reply with quote

I was just looking for something with leech protection that could also incorporate the downloadadd script.

I'm not a coder, and I don't know much about php, but for me, just getting the files linked and ready for download is my biggest headache. I don't really care about all of the meta data, because 99% of my files are self explanitory by just their file title. maps, addons, modules blocks, ect.

The title of the file is there, and for me thats all I need, because I can then download it and read the authors README to find out what it's really about.

I think I can get someone to make it into a module and then I can just use another module or addon for leech protection.

montego

PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2011 6:20 am Reply with quote

thebishop, what you had given me isn't that far off as a standalone script. You should be able to make the slight mods needed. For example, all the nuke_downloads_* tables just need to become nuke_nsngd_* in all the SQL. I believe for what you are using it for, that should be the only change. Might be worth trying on a test site...

thebishop

PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2011 1:39 pm Reply with quote

I don't have my test server up right now, because I'm installing a new Gigabyte X58A-UD3R mother board on it and had to reformat the HDD's. As soon as it's up will install xampp and give it a shot. Thanks.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> v2.4 RN Documentation

View next topic
View previous topic