Ravens PHP Scripts: Forums

View next topic
View previous topic
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> v2.4 RN Issues
lonk
Regular
Regular

PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2011 12:22 am Reply with quote

I am not able to set group permissions on the forums. When i click on permission under group and select my group the colum is blank for the permissions.

also i noticed that the forum are version 2.0.23 the current version is 3.0.8 with no upgrade path from this old version of the forums.

I have tried several default theme with no luck.

Susann

PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2011 2:29 am Reply with quote

Activate error reporting and see if it shows errors.
I can set groups permission. Btw:
The forums version in RavenNuke is a special modified and patched version. So there is no need to upgrade now.

fkelly
Former Moderator in Good Standing

PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2011 1:33 pm Reply with quote

Quote:
So there is no need to upgrade now.

Not only that but there is no way to upgrade now unless you want to start searching under PHPBB3 and implement the experimental bridge that some folks are using. And that is not supported in Ravennuke, though some people do use it. I'm not sure what version 3.0.8 is that you are referring to. If it's PHPBB3 then you will need to support yourself ... Ravennuke groups will not work with that without modifications.

PHPBB2 reached the end of the line with version 2.0.23 ... they are not updating it any more.

afc
Worker
Worker

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2011 4:07 am Reply with quote

lonk if you really want a full working version of raven nuke 2.40.01 with bridge with 3.0.8 phpbb boards. Iv been rewriting it so it works together, i just have the forum to finish it up if you want to look at it you can check it out here [ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ]

lonk

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2011 8:15 pm Reply with quote

ok i turn on show errors in the config file and when i goto the page i do not see any errors. it just does not show me the permission in the middle.

lonk

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2011 8:20 pm Reply with quote

i looked in the cpanel and i do not show any errors at all. i had no errors when i installed it.

i thought there was a problem with IE 8 so i tried it on an xp box with IE 7 and i get the same thing.

killing-hours
RavenNuke(tm) Development Team

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2011 8:37 pm Reply with quote

your errors would be in the "error_log" generated and placed in the root of your site.

(i.e. public_html/error_log)

lonk

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2011 9:00 pm Reply with quote

there is no error_log file in the root of public_html

lonk

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2011 9:18 pm Reply with quote

ok figured it out. i removed the groups from the forums, i added them back in from the home page and then went in and made them hidden from the forums page. after setting the forum to private hidden the permissions showed up. really weird that i can not make a group from within the forum interface. I did notice if i make the group from the forum page they do not show up anywhere else

montego
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2011 6:00 am Reply with quote

Groups in RN should be made from the Edit Groups function in the admin side (not forums). Once the group is created, you should then be able to use it in the Forum admin.

bobbyg
Worker
Worker

PostPosted: Sat Jul 09, 2011 10:54 am Reply with quote

montego wrote:
Groups in RN should be made from the Edit Groups function in the admin side (not forums). Once the group is created, you should then be able to use it in the Forum admin.

This will not work with phpBB3 until the Groups in RN is added to the phpBB3 bridge.

nuken
RavenNuke(tm) Development Team

PostPosted: Sat Jul 09, 2011 11:57 am Reply with quote

The phpbb3 bridge I have on my site will not have the RN groups added to it. I want to keep the two systems separate so upgrading and modding phpbb3 will be simple. I do plan on including it as a full module in the near future, but to only share users.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 09, 2011 5:20 pm Reply with quote

nuken, can't their also be a bridge for groups????? Sad

nuken

PostPosted: Sat Jul 09, 2011 5:24 pm Reply with quote

There could be. I just don't see myself being the one to do it.... Smile

Palbin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Jul 10, 2011 12:49 pm Reply with quote

I can do it.

nuken, I need to send you what I have so far in regards to YA. Only thing is all the variable validation I have done is setup for RN 3.0.

"Debugging is twice as hard as writing the code in the first place. Therefore, if you write the code as cleverly as possible, you are, by definition, not smart enough to debug it." — Brian W. Kernighan. 
nuken

PostPosted: Sun Jul 10, 2011 1:36 pm Reply with quote

I just took a look at the link changes in phpBB3 that would have to be made to make it function as a module. There would be very few files that wouldn't have to be modified. With that being said, a *nuke module of phpBB3 might not be the best solution. If you have been working on one, you may want to continue on it. This would be a project that would require a team of developers to pull off.

fkelly

PostPosted: Sun Jul 10, 2011 3:01 pm Reply with quote

Quote:
The phpbb3 bridge I have on my site will not have the RN groups added to it. I want to keep the two systems separate so upgrading and modding phpbb3 will be simple. I do plan on including it as a full module in the near future, but to only share users.

I have to heartily agree with Nuken on this approach. The links between NSNgroups and PHPBB2 are already a mess and NSNgroups needs to be rewritten from the ground up just to function well for RN. Why continue the confusion into the future by trying to integrate it with PHPBB3? If we do, and then PHPBB3 changes anything structural about their groups we are back at square one. [/quote]

nuken

PostPosted: Sun Jul 10, 2011 4:34 pm Reply with quote

I have been goofing around with making phpbb3 into a module a little today. There is good news and bad news.
First the good news:
nukeNAV seems to work fine with it.
here's a demo [ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ]

The bad news:
Many css conflicts with most all themes.

I will work some more on it when I finish up on TON.

bobbyg

PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2011 10:13 pm Reply with quote

I like it the way it is and use nukewrap to keep it within the rn framework.
I use the rn group code to allow only a certain group even have access to the link to phpBB3. I also have it so the login for phpBB3 is only via the rn login and if you logout of phpBB3, you are logged out of the rn ya too. Because of this
I have found a lot trying to get to the old forum, even though it is not active.

lonk

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2011 12:16 pm Reply with quote

ok i had some weird pauses. i had the hosting company move me to a new server and that seems to have fixed the issue. i have notice something odd. when i am logged in as an admin(admin.php) i can not see all the of the forums when i goto preview from the forum admin page. if i log in with my user account i can see them. I made the group from the edit groups under the general admin page and that seems to work alot better for me. thanks for all the help guys

the two forums i can not see are private(hidden) but it should not matter

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> v2.4 RN Issues

View next topic
View previous topic