Ravens PHP Scripts: Forums

View next topic
View previous topic
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> v2.3 RN Issues
Doulos
Life Cycles Becoming CPU Cycles

PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2011 1:21 pm Reply with quote

I have a forum with many posts accumulated over about 4+ years. This site began as RN76 (I believe) and has been upgraded regularly when updates became available. NukeSentinel also has been kept up to date (except maybe IP2Country stuff).

The problem is that a former admin to the site still has access to all the private forums even though he is not in any of the permissions:
    1. removed as site admin - verified.
    2. Forum admin - User permissions all are not "Disallowed access" - verified.
    3. Groups - user is not in any of the groups - verified.
    4. A test user with no access to the private forums shows the exact same permissions as the above user, but cannot access, or see, private forums

I have verified, using NS IP tracking, that the user is using his own account and that he is able to access the private forums - including site administrator-only forums.

This would not be a problem since I trust this user implicitly and only removed his permissions at his request, but there are other admins that if I decide to remove their permissions I do not want them to be able to access private forums.

Any suggestions?

PHrEEkie
Subject Matter Expert

PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2011 2:00 pm Reply with quote

phpBB has individual permissions that supercede Group permissions. Check to make sure there isn't anything set in there. Again, this is Forums Admin, User Admin (way down bottom of left nav), Permissions.

If you can't find anything Individual, Group, or Moderator, you might want to have a pro go in and look at it... might be something very wrong.

- Keith

PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2011 3:23 pm Reply with quote

Doulos wrote:

Thanks for your reply. I also verified that the user in question has all the same settings in the database as my "test user".

I will keep the Pro suggestion in reserve.

Other suggestions?

PHrEEkie

PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2011 6:29 pm Reply with quote

'NOT' disallowed access? They should be disallowed. The allowance should happen at the group level for any private forums, and disallowed at the individual level.

- Keith

Palbin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2011 6:41 pm Reply with quote

Doulos wrote:

Just so I understand correctly you checked his user permissions and ALSO removed him as an admin?

"Debugging is twice as hard as writing the code in the first place. Therefore, if you write the code as cleverly as possible, you are, by definition, not smart enough to debug it." — Brian W. Kernighan. 
Doulos

PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2011 9:01 pm Reply with quote

PHrEEkie wrote:
'NOT' disallowed access? They should be disallowed. The allowance should happen at the group level for any private forums, and disallowed at the individual level.

- Keith

Duh. You gotta be kidding me. Wow, guess I need to read more carefully, or not do this stuff at the end of a 14 hour work day.

Thanks.

PHrEEkie

PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2011 10:46 pm Reply with quote

Doulos wrote:
Duh. You gotta be kidding me. Wow, guess I need to read more carefully, or not do this stuff at the end of a 14 hour work day.

Thanks.

np mate.. we've all had those days.. many times Wink

We just don't post most of 'em, so they 'never happened'. hehe

cheers

Doulos

PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2011 1:15 pm Reply with quote

Didn't those used to say "Allowed" and "Not Allowed"?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> v2.3 RN Issues

View next topic
View previous topic