Ravens PHP Scripts: Forums

View next topic
View previous topic
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> v2.4 RN Issues
viper155
Regular
Regular

PostPosted: Thu Mar 25, 2010 12:10 am Reply with quote

When I try to share my websites news on facebook it always comes up as.

[img]http://tysontalk.com/Banners/facebookshare.bmp[/img]

I'm assuming Nuke Sentinel is blocking it. Anyway to allow facebook to retrieve my website information?

*Edit, no idea why my image wont show up so you can either copy paste that into your browser or ill write the text below.

"TysonTalk: You have been blocked [ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ]
All of the following information has been gathered to assist the webmaster should this need to be reported to local or federal law enforcement."

Raven
Site Admin/Owner

PostPosted: Thu Mar 25, 2010 12:34 am Reply with quote

NukeSentinel(tm) has no relation whatsoever to/with FaceBook.

viper155

PostPosted: Thu Mar 25, 2010 12:47 am Reply with quote

I thought when I share my news with facebook that it scans my site for title,description and a picture. Figured somehow nukesentinel was blocking it from doing so. Hmmmm.

When on facebook and I post my story link it shows the above blocking message but when I post a news link from your site is grabs everything just fine. Wonder what I did.

jakec
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Mar 25, 2010 6:42 am Reply with quote

Raven, could it be that when a link is posted on Facebook when it does to retrieve the information to display NS is seeing it as a threat and blocking the Facebook bot, or whatever they use?

viper155, can you confirm if there is any other information? Do you receive an email from NS saying that someone has been blocked? Are there any IP's in the .htaccess or database?

viper155

PostPosted: Thu Mar 25, 2010 11:22 am Reply with quote

Okay it's gotta be a Nuke sentinel issue for me at least. When I deactivated NS everything works as it should. Now to figure out why its blocking it.

Jakec. I don't get a email about the block. Ive tried removing all the blocked ips in my .htaccess but that doesn't seem to solve the problem either.

nuken
RavenNuke(tm) Development Team

PostPosted: Thu Mar 25, 2010 11:46 am Reply with quote

Have you checked your database for blocked IP's? [ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ]

PostPosted: Thu Mar 25, 2010 11:49 am Reply with quote

Oh I know NS has blocked a ton of people over the years but I guess the real issue is finding out which IPs belong to facebook. I guess....

nuken

PostPosted: Thu Mar 25, 2010 11:52 am Reply with quote

There is a range of IP addresses used by Facebook.

66.220.144.0 - 66.220.159.255
69.63.176.0 - 69.63.191.255
204.15.20.0 - 204.15.23.255

viper155

PostPosted: Thu Mar 25, 2010 1:12 pm Reply with quote

It seems to be working now after unblocking anything that resembles those Ips. Thanks.

Raven

PostPosted: Thu Mar 25, 2010 1:28 pm Reply with quote

Viper155,

I misunderstood what was happening. When you said "When I try to share my websites news on facebook it always comes up as." I did not understand that your method of sharing was via a direct link to your website - sorry!

BTW, you (or someone) have removed the RN copyright and replaced it with the standard phpnuke footer. This is in violation of the RN/GPL licensing. I doubt that you did this intentionally. Would you please get the RN footer restored ASAP?

viper155

PostPosted: Thu Mar 25, 2010 2:19 pm Reply with quote

Np raven.

I don't recall ever removing the RN copyright but I put it back the way it should be I think.

Raven

PostPosted: Thu Mar 25, 2010 6:36 pm Reply with quote

Thanks!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> v2.4 RN Issues

View next topic
View previous topic