Ravens PHP Scripts: Forums

View next topic
View previous topic
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> Captcha Security
mikemc

PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2009 5:42 am Reply with quote

I searched for anything relating to this but could not locate anything. This appears to be a very strange issue.

When displaying two visual captcha's at the same time, the visual codes do not match (as I would expect them to, perhaps I am wrong). When the page is refreshed the code seems to move to the second captcha window.

Here's an example.

Say you have Site Info v.2.2.2 as a left block, and you go to the Admin login page. You now have two visual captcha's displaying at the same time, and they have ZXCVB in the left block, and QWERT in the Admin login. When you click refresh the ZXCVB code now displays in the Admin login, and a new captcha appears in the Site Info, and continues to "move" every time the page is refreshed

If you attempt to login as an admin, and you input the captcha on the admin page, you get "Security code incorrect" error each time you try, but if you use the Captcha that is displayed in the Site Info block on the Admin login page, it works correctly and you login just fine.

I would think the captcha code would be a global value at each new generation of the image, am I wrong in that assumption. I have checked everything I could think of, any suggested avenues to look into would be appreciated.

jakec
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2009 6:46 am Reply with quote

What version of RN are you using?

I do recall this being discussed before and I thought there was a fix posted and included in the latest version of RN 2.40.00.

alien73
Involved
Involved

PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2009 6:53 am Reply with quote

Sounds like the same function is being called twice on the same page.

1. in the block
2. on the admin page.

vanquish
Hangin' Around

PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2009 8:49 am Reply with quote

[ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ]

montego
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2009 4:03 pm Reply with quote

Yup... might want to get RavenNuke(tm) version 2.40.00 as it fixes this issue (well, ok, so it has a work-around for FireFox's issue...)

mikemc

PostPosted: Sat Oct 17, 2009 6:11 am Reply with quote

I'm using 2.40.00. I agree that the function appears to be called twice. I'll read through the threads posted here, try any suggestions given, and let you know how it goes. Thanks.

montego

PostPosted: Sat Oct 17, 2009 9:55 am Reply with quote

mikemc, I am not seeing this behavior on my 2.4.0 site. I see the same image for both and I have no problems logging into admin. Please make sure you have uploaded everything properly.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> Captcha Security

View next topic
View previous topic