Ravens PHP Scripts: Forums

View next topic
View previous topic
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> v2.4 RN Issues
viper155
Regular
Regular

PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2009 10:03 am Reply with quote

Hello I would like to use nukenav on my site right now without upgrading if possible. I have way to many edited files and not enough time to re-add them with a full upgrade.

I cant seem to find what files/edits are needed to get this working.

Can anyone help me out on that?

NeapolitanWorld
Involved
Involved

PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2009 10:39 am Reply with quote

viper155, pay for it now or later. I strongly suggest you do and stay up with upgrades! I have made prior mistakes to stay with old files and sooner or later they become outdated and a liability. Do your edits and upgrade Very Happy

jc

kguske
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2009 10:49 am Reply with quote

Are you already using jQuery? If not, it will be more complicated.

Also, not sure what modifications you've done, but one of the benefits of 2.4 is that certain modifications will be much easier to upgrade to post 2.4 versions (mainly, changes for loading CSS and JS).

viper155

PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2009 10:58 am Reply with quote

My site is upgraded to the last release before this current one.

kguske

PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2009 11:07 am Reply with quote

If you're using 2.3, the upgrade shouldn't be hard and you're using loading jQuery already for registration and possibly other things. What modifications have you done?

viper155

PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2009 11:10 am Reply with quote

Most of the modifications have been done by someone else that creates stuff for my site. I think most are in the forum files but maybe a few in mainfile. I'll need to ask him for a list of edits he has done.

kguske

PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2009 11:14 am Reply with quote

The forum files didn't change much (OK, some changes around the profile to point to RNYA's profile), so that might not be an issue. Mainfile changes...well that's another story. I would discourage that in favor of having that code in the appropriate addon, unless, for some reason, the modifications are to existing functions in mainfile.

jlajax
Ardent RavenCMS Supporter

PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2009 9:06 pm Reply with quote

NukeNav is AWESOME!!!!. I have been looking at the news articles in converted sites and man o man RavenNuke(tm) sites are going to become even more visible than they already are. GOOD JOB!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Great Job... Fantastic Job!!!! Now to figure out if I can add it to my modified themes or if I am going to have to rebuild the themes. I understand it is added to the software upon upgrading, I want to add the navbar too. I am correct in thinking that the new navbar that has been added to the standard themes is a part of Nukenav too?? I went to read to docs but could not find a lot of info yet. Have I missed something or is it yet to be written? Got to love it yes ya do.

RavensScripts

kguske

PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2009 9:33 pm Reply with quote

Yes, in some of the standard themes we replaced the existing top navigation with nukeNAV(tm). Hopefully, we'll add more to nukeNAV(tm) in the future, along the lines of more notifications and also more customization of the menu contents.

For now, the easiest thing to do is add a global variable $nukeNAV to your theme header and then insert the variable where you'd like the menu to appear. The standard themes are great examples of some of the possibilities available with some HTML and CSS enhancements...

viper155

PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2009 11:55 pm Reply with quote

Ok I broke down and upgraded, all went well. Is it possible to organize the nukenav menu though??

kguske

PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2009 4:42 am Reply with quote

If by organize you mean rearrange the menu ittems, no, not yet...

Right now, it determines whether a module is active to see if it should be displayed and uses groups for News, Forums and Your Account, as well as the admin menu.

However, your theme could override the $nukeNAV variable with a replacement menu and still take advantage of its features...

Just curious- what would you change?

jlajax

PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2009 7:02 am Reply with quote

kguske wrote:

For now, the easiest thing to do is add a global variable $nukeNAV to your theme header and then insert the variable where you'd like the menu to appear. The standard themes are great examples of some of the possibilities available with some HTML and CSS enhancements...

This worked to a point. I got the menu to appear where I expected it to however several of the butons are larget than other buttons. Specifically.

Modules Admin Modules Site Info and Admin. They work fine they simply are 5-6 pixels larger than the other buttons. But hey I got it into the theme fine so I am making prograss to be sure.

RavensScripts

montego
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2009 7:07 am Reply with quote

I'd love to see us marry up nukeNAV(tm) with Sommaire's menu administration... but, of course re-write it using jQuery. Wink Wouldn't that be a marriage made in Heaven???

kguske

PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2009 7:56 am Reply with quote

That's sort of the idea - I wanted to take advantage of the menu and provide popups for nukeSEO(tm) DH, but didn't have time to do the full menu management. Now that the basic structure is in place, it should be much easier to do.

viper155

PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2009 12:00 pm Reply with quote

kguske wrote:
If by organize you mean rearrange the menu ittems, no, not yet...

Right now, it determines whether a module is active to see if it should be displayed and uses groups for News, Forums and Your Account, as well as the admin menu.

However, your theme could override the $nukeNAV variable with a replacement menu and still take advantage of its features...

Just curious- what would you change?

Just a option to customize it really. For example on my site I would make a tab/drop down that says Tyson. Under the Tyson tab I would want to put links to record/profile/videos/bio/life etc.

eldorado
Involved
Involved

PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2009 6:12 am Reply with quote

montego wrote:
I'd love to see us marry up nukeNAV(tm) with Sommaire's menu administration... but, of course re-write it using jQuery. Wink Wouldn't that be a marriage made in Heaven???

I'm using it with udesign's modules block and it rocks Smile..
Can't be more satisfied than now. I'm also uploading the french language pack to test it.

I'm looking forward to see what else can be done with it Smile

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> v2.4 RN Issues

View next topic
View previous topic