Ravens PHP Scripts: Forums

View next topic
View previous topic
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> Post Installation Help
helsnicht
Hangin' Around

PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2008 11:35 pm Reply with quote

How hard would it be to hide the nuke login name and replace it with a nickname or something similar.

Something like:

Username: Helsnicht
Display Name: Novice

Where as everything would display the Novice instead of helsnicht.

Skill Level range? I have yet to ever add things to the database or write code to call from it, would I be to far over my head to try this?

evaders99
Former Moderator in Good Standing

PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2008 2:16 am Reply with quote

phpNuke does provide something like that, though it may not be obvious

The field in Your_Account
Code:

It can be used as the displayed name. Unfortunately it isn't used too much. Most of phpNuke would use the username, you would have to find the all the code that references the username and replace it with data from the Real Name field

Need help? Nuke Patched Core, Coding Services, Webmaster Services 
helsnicht

PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2008 3:58 am Reply with quote

Thanks for the reply Evaders! I'll be sure to check that out and see what can be done with it. I'll post back if I run into any trouble.

sting
Involved
Involved

PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2008 9:05 am Reply with quote

Is the skill level meant to display a MMORPG skill by any chance?

-sting

PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2008 12:14 pm Reply with quote

Nah, I meant the difficulty of coding the new line into nuke.

Skill level 1 - Novice
Skill level 2 - Basic
Skill level 3 - Intermediate
Skill level 4 - Advance
Skill level 5 - Expert

I'm currently at around a skill level 1-2

sting

PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2008 1:24 pm Reply with quote

lol

i only read what i want to.

-sting

helsnicht

PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2008 3:02 pm Reply with quote

I believe we're all guilty of that from time to time. =)

Back to topic:
I took some baby steps and managed to get the realname to display in the $theuser within the header! I'm rather proud of myself =) But as the saying goes, "Give me a foot and I'll want a yard.".

I think I'll want to keep the real name field intact and continue to try and call from a new field within the _user tables so I'm going to try playing with it some more. I'll post back if I get stuck somewhere.

helsnicht

PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2008 5:59 pm Reply with quote

Ok added the field and gotten it to display inside the your_account index. Got a question though. I plan to make it and the realname to only be editiable via initial registration and admin. So i did them like the username under the edituser()
Code:
.'<tr><td bgcolor="'.$bgcolor2.'"><b>'._USRNICKNAME.'</b>:</td><td bgcolor="'.$bgcolor3.'"><b>'.$userinfo['username'].'</b></td></tr>'

.'<tr><td bgcolor="'.$bgcolor2.'"><b>'._USRDISPNAME.'</b>:</td><td bgcolor="'.$bgcolor3.'"><b>'.$userinfo['displayname'].'</b></td></tr>'
            .'<tr><td bgcolor="'.$bgcolor2.'"><b>'._UREALNAME.'</b>:</td><td bgcolor="'.$bgcolor3.'"><b>'.$userinfo['name'].'</b></td></tr>'

Do they need a hidden input like the username has at the end of the edituser()?
Code:
.'<input type="hidden" name="username" value="'.$userinfo['username'].'" />'

I wouldn't think so since its just displaying info from the db, but then again I'm not sure what that code implies and/or does.

Thanks in advance,
Hels

helsnicht

PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2008 8:01 pm Reply with quote

I ran into a snag when tring to add the fields to the new_user()
I'm pretty sure I added everything right to the index.php file for the your_account module, which obviously I didn't. Anyways with the custom fields added I get "module file not found error" when clicking new user.

I don't know what I screwed up. If anyone wouldn't mind checking it and offer some pointers as to what I did wrong, I'd be appreciative.

displayname for quick referrence.
Link to txt file

Thanks,
Hels[/url]

sting

PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2008 7:55 am Reply with quote

Input type defines the type of input in your form - if it is 'hidden', it means that it isn't seen in the form vs. if it is 'text' where it is a text box entry.

If you have the input type defined already above the submit as a text field, you can populate the text field with a default value from the database by adding a value clause.

I usually use hidden when I want to pass things that the user ordinarily would not see, such as the user id, or in some instances username (if they are not actually changing that).

There are some good examples of other input variable types at [ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ]

Now off to look at your txt file . .

-sting

sting

PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2008 8:00 am Reply with quote

What does the submission string look like? In looking at your text file, I notice one thing that might cause an issue - though I haven't tested it out on my end.

When using the case statement, you have a case 'new user' - I would suggest NOT using spaces in your cases - make it something like case 'new_user' as I am not sure how that submit string sends the submit value for a space. (This may not be an issue at all if the browser interprets a submission like new%20user and the code handles it.)

EDIT - just noticed there is already a new_user in there. . . lol so this is probably not where your issue is. . .

-sting

helsnicht

PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2008 12:55 pm Reply with quote

Thanks for looking sting, I went through and index all the edits I made to the file.

Code:
Line 87

case 'saveuser':
            saveuser($displayname,

Line 222
.'<tr><td><b>'._USRDISPNAME.':</b> '."$displayname".'<br /></td></tr>'
.'<tr><td><b>'._UREALNAME.':</b> '."$name".'<br /></td></tr>'

Line 300
$sql = 'INSERT INTO '.$user_prefix.'_users_temp (user_id, username, displayname, name, user_email, user_password, user_regdate, check_num, time, requestor) '."VALUES (NULL, '$username', '$displayname', '$name', '$user_email', '$new_password', '$user_regdate', '$check_num', '$time', '$requestor')";

Line 334
$db->sql_query('INSERT INTO '.$user_prefix.'_users (user_id, name, username, displayname, user_email, user_password, user_avatar, user_avatar_type, user_regdate, user_lang) '."VALUES (NULL, '".$row['username']."', '".$row['displayname']."', '".$row['name']."', '".$row['user_email']."', '$user_password', 'Guest.png', '3', '".$row['user_regdate']."', '$language')");

Line 830
.'<tr><td>'._USRDISPNAME.':</td><td><input type="text" name="displayname" size="30" maxlength="25" /></td></tr>'."\n"
.'<tr><td>'._UREALNAME.':</td><td><input type="text" name="name" size="30" maxlength="60" /></td></tr>'."\n"

Line 1116
.'<tr><td bgcolor="'.$bgcolor2.'"><b>'._USRDISPNAME.'</b>:</td><td bgcolor="'.$bgcolor3.'"><b>'.$userinfo['displayname'].'</b></td></tr>'
.'<tr><td bgcolor="'.$bgcolor2.'"><b>'._UREALNAME.'</b>:</td><td bgcolor="'.$bgcolor3.'"><b>'.$userinfo['name'].'</b></td></tr>'

Theres 3 more lines I edited but they're only display names for the comments, submissions, & membership so I didn't add them to the list. As for anything outside of those mention, its the standard rn2.10 index.php.

fkelly
Former Moderator in Good Standing

PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2008 2:02 pm Reply with quote

Just remember that the next time you update versions you need to preserve the changes you made. This can get to be a p.i.t.a.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> Post Installation Help

View next topic
View previous topic