Ravens PHP Scripts: Forums

View next topic
View previous topic
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> NukeSentinel(tm) v2.4.x
craeyon
Hangin' Around

PostPosted: Sun Jun 04, 2006 3:19 pm Reply with quote

I just installed NukeSentinel_71-78_232 on PHP-Nuke 7.8

The website worked FINE and there was a successfull installation before i eddited the corefiles. (Except the one mod after <?php in mainfile.php, because it gave an error)

The website was working FINE. With the modules and everything in place. BUT, after i edited the core files... oh man all i get is a blank page.
[ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ]

I tried doing the $show_error:TRUE; in the config.php and no error shows up.

I dont believe there is a parsing error either cause i made sure the core edits are edited according to instructions.

Whats going on?...

CodyG
Life Cycles Becoming CPU Cycles

PostPosted: Sun Jun 04, 2006 3:32 pm Reply with quote

Is this a fresh install of phpnuke? I ask because I've never seen nuke installed in a double sub directory ... root/phpnuke/html

PostPosted: Sun Jun 04, 2006 3:39 pm Reply with quote

if fresh means that the site that hasn't been modified form any persepective then yes.

if fresh mean that the site is installed JUST now? then no. This website was installed like a month ago.

Guardian2003
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Jun 04, 2006 3:41 pm Reply with quote

Good point.
There does seem to be some empty folders in both the /phpnuke/ and the phpnuke/html directories.
When you edited your files did you upload them to the correct place?

Also, your home page indicates this may be a new site - if that is the case you would be better throwing phpNuke 7.8 out and using Raven Nuke

craeyon

PostPosted: Sun Jun 04, 2006 3:46 pm Reply with quote

Yes i did edit the right files. my folders are something like this

___phpnuke
_____html (has all the phpnuke files)
_____sql
_____upgrade

ahaha. Are you trying to advert Raven Nuke? Wink

what are the advantages. (the most inportant one i m concerned about is customization. The theme.php file and all you know what i am tyring to say. lol)

EDIT: OOOH raven nuke is a combo?....

Guardian2003

PostPosted: Sun Jun 04, 2006 3:59 pm Reply with quote

As you can see from the download details or from the main page here, Raven Nuke is phpNuke 7.6 with a full complement of the latest security patches, Nuke Sentinel and NSN Groups installed all in one package.

Raven Nukes emphasis is on security rather than adding tons of stuff for the sake of adding it.

The reason RN is based on phpNuke 7.6 is because it does not use the tiny_MCE wysiwyg editor in the later versions which is vulnerable (switching it off does not render it immune to vulnerabilities).

CodyG

PostPosted: Sun Jun 04, 2006 4:00 pm Reply with quote

Guardian2003 is wise and RavenNuke rocks.
<advert mode=on>
I've been using phpnuke for 4 years and after experimenting with all kinds of nukes RavenNuke is the only nuke for me.
<advert mode = off>

There should be a really good reason to *not* install nuke in your root dir. If not required I would avoid it. While setting up your site you could have an index.html as a "Under Construction" page and rename your index.php to index1.php., just remember that index1.php is temp replacement for index.php.
IOW, if you can find your way clear to install nuke in your public_html directory (root) then I would scrap the 7.8 and install RavenNuke in your root dir.
Also, if not upgrading, then the upgrade dir is not required. And, if installing the sql via phpmyadmin the sql dir is not required.

You'll have no problem customizing themes.... RavenNuke is nuke.

Hope that helps.

craeyon

PostPosted: Sun Jun 04, 2006 4:12 pm Reply with quote

Thanks. And one more thing. would i have problems installing modules such as Nuke Treasury or Nukelan? or any other latest modules/blocks? Like would i suffer any version compatibilaty issues. (i understand rn is php-nuke 7.6 + sentinel).

the reason my files were not in the root folder is beacuse i was using phpbb. Digital District Forums. The reason being that the DD crew is sitting here trying to get the CMS website ready to be customised under our template.
[ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ]

if you gothere you will see what i mean. although it is quite a dumb idea. The site is suppose to be like hush hush thing with you know all the publicity going "DIGITAL DISTRICT IS SET TO LAUNCH" kinda thing you know... I thought of setting up a WAMP server locally for testing and development but it didn't work i dunno something went wrong.

CodyG

PostPosted: Sun Jun 04, 2006 4:37 pm Reply with quote

okies... now I understand. So, at least put nuke in one subdir. IOW, upload the files and dirs in the /html dir to your /phpnuke dir. But if you are planning on incorporating your current phpbb data into your nuke phpbb database... which I assume you are, you'll probably want nuke in your root anyways.

<advert mode=on again>
You're right, RavenNuke is phpnuke 7.6 with Sentinel .. and Groups and patches and latest forums and more and a whole lot of clean compliant thoughtful code, therefore less headaches in the future than native phpnuke.

Guardian2003

PostPosted: Sun Jun 04, 2006 4:45 pm Reply with quote

You should not have any compatibility issues with the other modules but as a caveat I have to say that some very minor tweaking might be needed if the modules are very old. Treasury is fine though.

craeyon

PostPosted: Sun Jun 04, 2006 5:27 pm Reply with quote

Thanks guys i appreciate your help.

Yeah cody i am going to take all the sql tables export them apply the nuke_ table prefix and then import it into the new database. tideous work.

i just installed RN and the dir is www/phpnuke/[all the files]

is that ok?

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> NukeSentinel(tm) v2.4.x

View next topic
View previous topic