Ravens PHP Scripts: Forums

View next topic
View previous topic
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> Announcements
Raven
Site Admin/Owner

PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2006 10:14 pm Reply with quote

I am curious to know what you feel this site lacks, needs, over-does, etc. What do you feel it needs more of? Less of? Without naming names, how are the Moderators and Admins treating you?

This is not to be a personal praise Raven type response (no offense to those who would offer praise Wink ). What I am after are solid statements of fact. This is about the layout, content, navigation, ads, etc.

If you have a gripe or a suggestion, please be constructive when stating it. Also, please just don't state what you don't like. That doesn't help me. State also what you would like to see done to improve what you don't like.

TIA to everyone who responds. I really hope to gett a good sampling to know which direction to take the site (if needed).

Guardian2003
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2006 12:53 am Reply with quote

The one thing I would really like to see is a 'bookmark' system.
I know there are at least two 'modules' available to provide that sort of functionality but given the wealth of information available on phpnuke websites, in particular, this site, such a feature, I feel, would be of enormous benefit.
Whilst browsers have this sort of feature, they are not able (as far as I am aware) to store comments against the bookmarked page.

I do not find the ads at all intrusive and some of the features/changes you have made to core code on this site to save bandwidth I actually find useful.

kguske
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2006 6:12 am Reply with quote

One really useful function: watch this forum.

jaded
Theme Guru

PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2006 6:25 am Reply with quote

As you know I believe that this is one of the best support sites in the community. The only things that I belive would help to make it better or easier in some cases would be the following.

I would like to see a place where advertising rates are displayed (missing it if it is already). It would also be great if we could order advertising space automaticly in the case that emails do not get through to you for whatever reasons. Let me know if this is in place already and I am missing it.

The other thing that I notice is a great many posts about mods, phpbb mods. There are some of us who know mods well and can answer but I personally think it would be great if you had a moderator who was a phpbbmod wiz;) That might speed up the response time for people with mod issues.

Of course, this is all just my two cents Wink

I also fully agree about the "watch this forum" suggestion

Ghost Stories & More [ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ] 
jakec
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2006 6:36 am Reply with quote

Great minds think alike.
The amount of times I read a thread and think that would be useful, but when I try to find it a couple of week down the line it takes time to find it again.
So that's my vote for the 'watch this forum'.

montego
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2006 6:51 am Reply with quote

Quote:

The amount of times I read a thread and think that would be useful, but when I try to find it a couple of week down the line it takes time to find it again.

For this reason, I would like the ability to bookmark threads. Therefore, I am in agreement with Guardian on that one. I also would like the watch forum hack. But, we're kind of biased... Laughing

Tao_Man
Involved
Involved

PostPosted: Fri May 26, 2006 10:24 am Reply with quote

I cast my vote for a type of bookmark also. If this site has a fault it that it has so much information it is hard to find what you need sometimes.

BTW Hi Raven, I was kinda active about a year and a half ago, but well long story, life kinda turned upside down but I'm back and trying Nuke again.

hitwalker
Sells PC To Pay For Divorce

PostPosted: Fri May 26, 2006 12:51 pm Reply with quote

yeah what about the extra search function i mentioned some time ago...?
it lets you search for text ,title or whatever....it has great search results so its realy recommended...

jaded

PostPosted: Fri May 26, 2006 2:07 pm Reply with quote

Quote:
it lets you search for text ,title or whatever....it has great search results so its realy recommended

i would be very interested in that being added to this site if possible. I have never really been that thrilled with the standard forum search with bb.

Susann

PostPosted: Fri May 26, 2006 3:38 pm Reply with quote

Because this site ist also a NukeSentinel Support Site and many users had problems to find the right version in your download section I would add a block on the main page with a link to the newest version of NukeSentinel and the newest version of IP2Country.
I know that your articles and information about new versions are always up to date but maybe that´s some more service. Is there any reason why the old NukeSentinel version 2.2.1a is still in the download section ? I like that version but I don´t think that many people are looking for this in 2006.

Raven

PostPosted: Fri May 26, 2006 11:10 pm Reply with quote

Tao_Man wrote:
I cast my vote for a type of bookmark also. If this site has a fault it that it has so much information it is hard to find what you need sometimes.

BTW Hi Raven, I was kinda active about a year and a half ago, but well long story, life kinda turned upside down but I'm back and trying Nuke again.

I remember! Glad to see you are back Smile

Raven

PostPosted: Fri May 26, 2006 11:11 pm Reply with quote

hitwalker wrote:
it lets you search for text ,title or whatever....it has great search results so its realy recommended...

I believe you have that with the Google Search?

Raven

PostPosted: Fri May 26, 2006 11:13 pm Reply with quote

Susann wrote:
Because this site ist also a NukeSentinel Support Site and many users had problems to find the right version in your download section I would add a block on the main page with a link to the newest version of NukeSentinel and the newest version of IP2Country.
I know that your articles and information about new versions are always up to date but maybe that´s some more service. Is there any reason why the old NukeSentinel version 2.2.1a is still in the download section ? I like that version but I don´t think that many people are looking for this in 2006.

It's there because I haven't had time to keep my own house clean. I'll disable it right now Wink

hitwalker

PostPosted: Sat May 27, 2006 2:40 am Reply with quote

hi gaylen...

i posted that forum search hack 16 jan.
you can read it here:
[ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ]

i use it to but i have to put it back again since i upgraded the forum ...
but i can recommend it .
i know a few heavy loading sites who use it and it will boost up the quality of the search results... Smile

Guardian2003

PostPosted: Sat May 27, 2006 3:37 am Reply with quote

I tried the 'watch this forum' on one of my sites and did not see any real benefit as new posts are indicated through the 'new posts' icon.
Perhaps I missed the point with that idea and that it is useful to have some notification of posts to forums one has not actually posted in?

Bring on the boomarks!
lol

FiLiUsEvAe
Hangin' Around

PostPosted: Sat May 27, 2006 3:50 am Reply with quote

It may sound stupid ... I don't know ... but I'd like some kind of graphic, button, statusbar whatever which indicates that people are looking for solutions. Like if someone posts a problem that hasn't been covered yet ... he or she will know that there are people looking into the problem and you'll just have to be patient and wait.

odalcet

PostPosted: Mon May 29, 2006 9:13 am Reply with quote

I read on the Main Page about release 2.4.2pl6 of NukeSentinel

But on the Downloads section there are 7 files:

1 - IP to Country Update 2005-09-27 - v2.4.2 Upgrade Files Only
2 - NukeSentinel 2.4.2 Lang-German
3 - NukeSentinel v2.4.2pl3 Patch
4 - NukeSentinelTM 2.2.1 User Guide
5 - NukeSentinel_242_71-79 - Upgrade files only v2.4.1-2.4.2
6 - PC Killer Templates For NukeSentinel
7 - SQL Injection Fix For NukeSentinel

Which one is Nuke Sentinel main script?

Also, on the NukeSentinel User Guide (version 2.2.2) it would be useful to put a link to the main script. The help file starts saying "Extract archive to tem dir..." but it doesn't say which *archive*

Raven

PostPosted: Mon May 29, 2006 9:25 am Reply with quote

I haven't been posting the Full releases here because most people know to get it from [ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ] . I post addons and such here. Maybe I will begin (again) to post links to Bob's site.

odalcet

PostPosted: Mon May 29, 2006 9:40 am Reply with quote

Thank you Raven. I found the file at Nukescripts. But I still think you should make it clear to your (first time) visitors. It's very confusing (and this is not my first visit).

Perhaps a little explanation like "First get the main script that is located at Nukescripts and then proceed to ..."

Another solution could be with three sections: 1. Main files - 2. Patches to main files - 3. Addons

Thank you for a very good site!

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> Announcements

View next topic
View previous topic