Ravens PHP Scripts: Forums

View next topic
View previous topic
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> How To's
kenn209

PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2006 8:28 pm Reply with quote

I have downloaded the latest version of Raven and have working on my local system, Runs great.

I'm ready to move it up to my hosting site. How do I transfer all the stuff in from one database to another. I did notice a difference in the tables. the one I'm using now has a nuke_bbuser table.

it has 99 tables, Raven has 105 tables. Can i use the old database?

Any help would be grateful
Thanks

Kenn209

kguske
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2006 9:02 pm Reply with quote

I haven't seen any upgrade scripts, but it's possible. It's likely that there are different tables because RavenNuke is based on PHP-Nuke 7.6 with several additionals modules and tweaks. There may also be some modifications to your existing tables, for example, in the forums.

If you are fairly technical, you might want to extract the table structures (without the data) and save it to a text file. Then, do the same thing for RavenNuke. Use a source compare tool to identify the differences to identify what you need to add (new tables and new fields in existing tables). If you make those changes to your existing database, you're off to the races, but you'd still need to add the data from the new tables and make sure any configuration stuff is set up in the modified database.

kenn209

PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2006 8:16 am Reply with quote

I have tried this so far, Its painstaking...export into an xml file using phpmyadmin for the BBXXX tables and imported them into the new databse. The stuff gets to the new database but not sure if the bbusers table goes with the nuke_users table. Also when I go to the forums after this i get a them id error() can't be found.

montego
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2006 12:03 pm Reply with quote

Sounds like you are going from a standalone version of phpBB to nuke? I am not sure I can help on that, but I do believe I have seen other threads discussing that. You might want to search specifically topics associated with this type of migration.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> How To's

View next topic
View previous topic