Ravens PHP Scripts: Forums

View next topic
View previous topic
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> Modules
kerflop

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2006 1:26 pm Reply with quote

Okay, I have installed Gallery v1.5.2-pl2 in the modules directory of Ravens phpNuke 2.02.00 release (awesome by the way)... I imported an album directory from a previous release of Gallery (I believe 1.4 rc1). Everything is installed, register_globals has been "skipped" and all of the albums and sub-albums are upgraded to the 1.5 version of Gallery. The only problem I am having now is that when I go to check out permissions in Gallery there is NO phpNuke user data.

Any suggestions?

Guardian2003
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2006 2:47 pm Reply with quote

I havent used this so I'm taking a stab in th dark - does the module alter the nuke_user table to tie the gallery image submissions to the users account?

kerflop

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2006 3:01 pm Reply with quote

I dont believe so. Each of the albums has a file (forgot the file type) that has all of the ownership info about that album. I have looked all over the Nukedgallery.net site for a fix for this, but there was nothing on the site that fixed my prob. So I thought I would come here, which is a great resource of very smart people.

Guardian2003

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2006 3:21 pm Reply with quote

I see, so the script looks for these files and uses them to base the access permissions on and and gets the userdata from them too?
Are these files in the right place and are web readable (chmod)?

kerflop

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2006 4:06 pm Reply with quote

Yep, check it... The issue is gallery pulling back user data from the nuke_user table.

When I am login in as God and I select permission for a album in the Gallery no names show up other than EVERYBODY, NOBODY, ADMINS.

Guardian2003

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2006 4:09 pm Reply with quote

Well I don;t think there is much more I can help you with on that one I'm afraid as I have never used this module and wouldnt install anything that allowed file/image uploads that I wasnt 100% sure was secure.
Hopefully someone else who has used this module will drop by and offer some advice.

fkelly
Former Moderator in Good Standing

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2006 4:34 pm Reply with quote

I had a major hassle with Gallery when I went from Nuke 7.4 to 7.6 last Fall. Somehow the permissions of the Gallery Albums got all screwed up (that's a nice specific diagnosis). I believe that you can find directions about permissions on either the Nukedgallery site or Gallery's own site. I don't know why and it concerns me for security reasons, but the album directory and all the subdirectories and files below it seem to need to be set to '777' permissions. You could at least try that for an album or two and see if it fixes things. A few of the dat files within my albums seem to be set to 644 now but I'm not sure if I did that or the system did somehow. All the individual pictures which are jpgs are set to 777 and the album directory and the individual album directories within it are also set to 777.

If I recall correctly, I also had some problems with the owner of the albums being set incorrectly during the upgrade.

jaded
Theme Guru

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2006 6:28 am Reply with quote

are you sure that you added the nuke integration pack and did all that was needed with it? To make gallery run off of your current members you must first install the gallery successfully and then you must add the integration pack and run it. After that you will be able to import all of your nuke users through the sites admin panel. You must follow the install directions carefully during integration. Good Luck

Ghost Stories & More [ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ] 
kerflop

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2006 8:31 am Reply with quote

For Gallery 2 that is correct. There is no integration package for the 1.X releases of Gallery.

I am out of town, so when I get back I will ensure (they were before when I checked) that the albums directory and sub directories and files are all CHMOD 777

jaded

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2006 8:49 am Reply with quote

The other gallery is notorius for having user integration issues. IF you want to use gallery with your nuke site and have your nuke users included then it would be best to use the new gallery.

kerflop

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2006 8:52 am Reply with quote

Agreed... And I plan on updating when Raven release his new update. I knew there were issues with integration of Gallery2 with this release of 7.6 so I went with a release I already knew worked (or thought knew worked) till the new package was available...

jaded

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2006 9:37 am Reply with quote

i have installed gallery in several sites with rn2.2 and had no issues.. it worked flawlessly.

kerflop

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2006 12:17 pm Reply with quote

I will have to try it... thanks for the heads up...

sting
Involved
Involved

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2006 11:00 pm Reply with quote

Another heads up - the latest version of the integration package only works with Gallery 2.1 - which is still in RC1, but it does work. . .

Posted some gotcha's for the latest install at nukehaven.
-sting

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> Modules

View next topic
View previous topic