Ravens PHP Scripts: Forums

View next topic
View previous topic
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> Upgrading Nuke
erhanharputlu

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2006 12:43 am Reply with quote

hi i have phpnuke 7.1.1/bbtonuke 2.05/sentinel 2.0.1

my site is 2 years old. and have lots of vulnarabilities.. (like getting hash and inserting new admin) i want to upgrade my site.. bec it is 2 years old it is heavily modified with custom scripts, modules etc.. this means i cant just replace files (like mainfile.php) with new ones.

i want to upgrade my site to bbtonuke 2.0.17 (or higher) and sentinel 2.4.2 (or higher).. i know that if i want to install sentinel i need to upgrade to patched 2.9 or 3.1..i downloaded and examined the files. for example on patched 2.9 there is mainfile.php. it is needed to be replaced with old one.. but as i said before i have lots of custom modules script etc...i cant just replace it...

is there a way to upgrade my site anyhow i am having sleepless nights dont know so much about php.. i'll be pleased by any help and pray for him who helps Wink

hitwalker
Sells PC To Pay For Divorce

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2006 7:36 am Reply with quote

well no chance you get away with this...
first its a hell of a job updating it and the chances are you end up with a lot of errors and things that dont work.
personal recommendation is to build a new nuke in a new folder or subdomain .
you could use ravens 7.6 pack for it.
then at some point you have to upgrade your database of the old site,aftyer thats done you could start importing your old info to the new...
its a hell of a job ,but i had to do it myself.....

sting
Involved
Involved

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2006 7:40 am Reply with quote

There is no easy way to do this if you have customed your site. You will need to make a backup copy of your original site, upload and upgrade, and then go module by module updating.

With the backup it shouldn't be too difficult to affect changes as you come across the problem areas.

If you have modded phpBB heavily, add a few more sleepless nights to the upgrade.

-sting

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
evaders99
Former Moderator in Good Standing

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2006 12:05 am Reply with quote

Yep a lot of work. Start with a file difference program (such as WinMerge, its free) and make the changes manually. Really takes a lot of time.. I'm doing two sites at the moment who are heavily customized.

Good luck

Need help? Nuke Patched Core, Coding Services, Webmaster Services 
erhanharputlu

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2006 4:12 am Reply with quote

first of all thanks for replies.. i've downloaded and intstall raven 7.6 to one of my other domains to try out if any possibility to import old one to this..

ok i can install modules and scripts (just like quick reply etc) one by one all over again but will nuke 7.1.1 database (users, forum posts, nuke news on main page, surveys etc..) be harmony to raven 7.6 database?

how can i update nuke 7.1.1 database to raven 7.6's without loosing data? is there a script? i saw some scripts like nuke 7.1-7.2 7.2-7.3 7.3-7.4 etc...

i am ready to have some more sleepless nights Smile but i must know the important one 'database' will be same without any loss..

tnx

hitwalker

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2006 6:47 am Reply with quote

well to make the best chance of importing your data it would be best if you had a duplicate site where you could run the database upgrade scripts....
all the way up to 7.6,then...theoretical...you should be able to dump that into ravens dis.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> Upgrading Nuke

View next topic
View previous topic