Ravens PHP Scripts: Forums

View next topic
View previous topic
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> phpnuke 7.6
pdoobepd
Worker
Worker

PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2005 3:01 pm Reply with quote

Interesting problem...LOL I completed the patch for 7.6 and did have a quotes java script in the footer.html, I removed it (only removed the Java coding for it.) And now the page doesn't "end where it should at the bottom of the footer." Ok... I was going to add the coding for the Footer.html but kept getting blocked when I tried (?) The Theme I am Using is BiteMe by Disipal if that helps any. LOL Can you tell me what is the possible cause or maybe an email addy of someone who can help and I could send the coding that way?

Help???

Thanks Heeps !!!

Last edited by pdoobepd on Wed Sep 21, 2005 5:24 pm; edited 1 time in total 
hitwalker
Sells PC To Pay For Divorce

PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2005 4:26 pm Reply with quote

any link to the website please?

pdoobepd

PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2005 4:34 pm Reply with quote

Yes my bad sorry lol [link removed by PDOOBEPD]

P.S. Also noted earlier that it only happens with Netscape or FireFox...didn't happen in IE or at least earlier it didn't.

Also having issues with rigth blocks not showing up on certain pages...shouldn't show up on forums page but should show up on some others. Yes I did read the read me but it neglects to mention what files need to be edited...figured one out the hard way but rest I am confused on.

Thanks Again.

Last edited by pdoobepd on Thu Sep 22, 2005 9:46 am; edited 1 time in total 
hitwalker

PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2005 4:57 pm Reply with quote

well its hard to tell.
but i get errors also in IE,and opening it in firefox is a disaster...
the loading time isnt that great...
And i have broadband cable 1.5mb

the error i get in firefox is related to a windows function tabset.
probably caused by a block called nuke scores...

pdoobepd

PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2005 5:05 pm Reply with quote

Yes I knew about the Scores Block error...bugs me but is no biggy really block still functions.

I have DSL and load time isn't great for me either...any ideas on how I can shorten it without losing too much content ?

I got the "modules & 3rd party addons" edits figured out...but still at a loss for some others.

Any Idea why or what may be causing the page not to end with the footer ??? I would really like to fix that. I never had this problem before with Netscape or FireFox...so it's confussing to say the least. FYI this problem is ONLY on the INDEX page.

Thanks Very Happy

hitwalker

PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2005 5:49 pm Reply with quote

well i copied your site and code but im almost convinced its caused by something...

what i should do in your place....(nice learning process also) is to disable the blocks one by one...
Or just disable your site for maintenance...and then work...
I think you will run into the "guilty" part that causes it...

Raven
Site Admin/Owner

PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2005 5:57 pm Reply with quote

Your home page has well over 2000 compliance errors! You can rest assurred that that is a major slowdown. In addition, your server took forever to render the page. You need to seriously redesign from the ground up, I'm afraid.

pdoobepd

PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2005 6:07 pm Reply with quote

hitwalker:
Thank you... I was thinking the same thing. Thanks.

Raven:
What ??? What do you mean compliance errors ??? And how can I have over 2000 of them ??? LOL Confused HitsFan
Also my site is new and I am fairly new to php so if there are "compliances" relevent to php nuke that I am missing please advise.

pdoobepd

PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2005 9:42 am Reply with quote

Hitwalker thanks again for confirming what I was thinking and Hey Great minds and all that rot LOL It's now fixed. Thanks again.

Raven after a reminder from my pc guru Dad of what compliance errors you were speaking of...I desided to post my reply to it elsewhere on the board and include MHO.

Again Thanks ALL

Last edited by pdoobepd on Thu Sep 22, 2005 9:44 am; edited 1 time in total 
hitwalker

PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2005 9:44 am Reply with quote

so what caused it?
just curious...

pdoobepd

PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2005 9:47 am Reply with quote

Was a block on the site...the last scrolling center block for text I had going...had to take it off for now until I figure out what the poop is on it LOL

hitwalker

PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2005 9:49 am Reply with quote

well it made you a litle bit smarter now... Smile

pdoobepd

PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2005 10:03 am Reply with quote

Sure Did LOL and Thanks Again Hitwalker Cheers

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> phpnuke 7.6

View next topic
View previous topic