Ravens PHP Scripts: Forums

View next topic
View previous topic
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> How To's
gstrategic
Hangin' Around

PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2005 8:57 pm Reply with quote

I've been looking for information on how to place Google adsense in these positions:

1. Top of the page like on this site
2. Right above the forum's buttons like on this site
3. At the bottom of page, right above the footer

Please help!

kguske
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2005 9:06 pm Reply with quote

Welcome to RavenPHPScripts.com. If you search here, you'll find several hacks, etc., that detail how to do this. For example, try this.

gstrategic

PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2005 9:20 am Reply with quote

kguske wrote:
Welcome to RavenPHPScripts.com. If you search here, you'll find several hacks, etc., that detail how to do this. For example, try this.
Thanks,

They work great but what I'm looking for is how to put Adsense right underneath the site's main menu bar (Home. Download. Your Account. Forums. Logout.), and right under this forum's buttons is another adsense block. I like it like that.

sincerely

kguske

PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2005 9:40 am Reply with quote

If you want it to appear on all or specific pages header and / or footer, you can change the theme.php file in your theme directory. To put it under the forum buttons, you would need to change a template in the forum theme.

VinDSL
Life Cycles Becoming CPU Cycles

Location: Arizona (USA) Admin: NukeCops.com Admin: Disipal Designs Admin: Lenon.com

PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2005 1:41 pm Reply with quote

To digress a little... Wink

I liked what Raven did, here, with the forum search page (adding Google Search):
[ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ]

I decided to do the same type of thing on my page using DogPile Search:

This required hacking 'themes/FlowControl/forums/images/search_body.tpl', in my case. It could just as easily have been Google AdSense.

As kguske said, above, you'll probably have to hack individual files to achieve what you want to do...

hitwalker
Sells PC To Pay For Divorce

PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2005 5:28 pm Reply with quote

or this one,that ads google adsense to the bottom of forum reply....lol [ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ]

Last edited by hitwalker on Mon Apr 03, 2006 4:18 am; edited 1 time in total 
VinDSL

PostPosted: Sun Apr 02, 2006 11:52 pm Reply with quote

VinDSL wrote:
I liked what Raven did, here, with the forum search page (adding Google Search):

I decided to do the same type of thing on my page using DogPile Search...

Sheesh! Finally got a day off... Shocked

I haven't had a chance to do much coding in the last couple of weeks. So, I basically sat down to an 'empty canvas'. Sometimes that's a good thing.

Anyway, I decided to play around with the phpBB forum search page on my site. I haven't goofed around with it since I made that post in August of last year. I knew DogPile wasn't the best choice, but I wanted to try something different.

This time, I decided to be more conventional. I took DogPile off the page and replaced it with advanced searches from Google, Yahoo, and MSN via simple forms.

Whatt ya think?

Too much? Not enough?

If somone has a better idea -- let me know!

BTW, if it looks like I'm going OT here, the advanced Google Search I'm using is 'Google AdSense For Search', so I'm not going too far astray...

For instance: CLICK HERE Wink

hitwalker

PostPosted: Mon Apr 03, 2006 4:20 am Reply with quote

very nice vin.....and thanks for the reply here,my previous post needed url update to the adsense code..Smile

VinDSL

PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2006 4:34 am Reply with quote

Thanks, bro!

Actually (more playing around) I think this is a better fit, for individual forms...

Upon reflection, I think radios (and a single form) are the way to go with the phpBB forum search.

Hrm... decisions, decisions... Cool

hitwalker

PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2006 5:32 am Reply with quote

looks good vin....
you have to much spare time...
i might be contacting you by pm....
got a few scripts i got my hands on ,im sure one of them will have your interest in turning it into a mod...

VinDSL

PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2006 6:19 am Reply with quote

hitwalker wrote:
you have to much spare time...

OMG!!! If you only knew... Laughing

I have '0' spare time on my hands right now! I've basically been working 24 hours a day for the past few weeks. So, if you don't mind, how about holding off for a month or so.

I'm just, now, getting back to (monkey) business...

hitwalker

PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2006 6:33 am Reply with quote

ha.,..ha..its ok,im busy with some stuff to...was thinking of chalenges...

VinDSL

PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2006 3:38 am Reply with quote

I centered things up a bit, so it looks better on wide displays...

LoL! I need a new monitor! This thing has convergence problems, and it's so fuzzy I have to run it in 800x600 mode. I keep forgetting I'm the only person in the world running this resolution... ROTFL

hitwalker

PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2006 4:48 am Reply with quote

i even have a better idea,what about adding $index =1; killing me
for me thats standard,i only take it out if content that has to be shown needs the space..

(p.s.. if i should believe my stats most are on 1024 x 768 -32 ,and thats what im on to for a long time.)

VinDSL

PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2006 7:06 am Reply with quote

Yes, very good! Thank you!

I was meaning to try that, but hadn't gotten around to it yet. Looks much better now!

Anyway, yeah, I've been running 1024x768 for years, but this monitor needs to be replaced, and I had to revert back to 800x600 to save my eyesight.

I'm thinking about trying a LCD flat panel this time. I've always avoided LCDs in the past, in favor of CRTs, but LCDs are looking 'dang skippy' these days. I especially like the ones that swivel 90 degrees. I think that would be great for doing code -- less scrolling, you know? Wink

hitwalker

PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2006 7:12 am Reply with quote

nice vin....
i can highly recommend a TFT monitor.
2 weeks ago i bought the HP VS17E 17" TFT
i had to cause my normal one suddenly dropped in quality.
i also got headaches and dumped it instantly.

VinDSL

PostPosted: Thu Apr 06, 2006 3:51 am Reply with quote

Heh! I gotta quit listening to you, hitwalker!

You cost me $562.21 (USD) Shocked

I just ordered 2 Dell 1907FP UltraSharp monitors...

hitwalker

PostPosted: Thu Apr 06, 2006 4:59 am Reply with quote

ahh but it seems this time something good came out of it.... killing me

VinDSL

PostPosted: Thu Apr 06, 2006 11:45 am Reply with quote

LoL! Back on topic...

I made more money than that serving Google Ads last year, so let's just say Google Adsense paid for the monitors -- and my web hosting. That's one thing I've always appreciated about Google -- they actually pay out -- unlike some of the companies I've served ads for in the past. Rolling Eyes

hitwalker

PostPosted: Thu Apr 06, 2006 12:27 pm Reply with quote

yes certain companies are like that,but then i visit every review site on the big www and publish a nice "im a victim" story.
that allways works.... Laughing

ring_c
Involved
Involved

PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2006 3:06 am Reply with quote

VinDSL, I'd love adding google as the forums search engine. would appreciate if you could assist in the way of doing it... having searched here around, result in no real handy tutorial.

TIA.

VinDSL

PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2006 10:55 pm Reply with quote

ring_c wrote:
VinDSL, I'd love adding google as the forums search engine. would appreciate if you could assist in the way of doing it... having searched here around, result in no real handy tutorial.

TIA.

Here's the code for my FORUM search page...

Let me know if that helps... Wink

ring_c

PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2006 11:47 pm Reply with quote

Thanks alot, VinDSL. But I still have the same problem as I had when I tried creating the google search myself.

Whenever I try to search google, I being brought back to the following link: [ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ] which actually only shows the forums' header and nothing afterwards.

Maybe you can have a look in my search_body? You can find it here [ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ]

Please note I've only used the Google search, and have changed it to support Hebrew (windows-1255 encoding) and my adsense account.

TIA!

cash7c3

PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2006 8:40 am Reply with quote

kguske wrote:

the download link from the page linked above does not work for me. Anywhere else I can look for the same thing?

Guardian2003
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2006 12:18 pm Reply with quote

You could try searching the forums for 'adsense' or I think there are some tutorials at [ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ]

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> How To's

View next topic
View previous topic