Ravens PHP Scripts: Forums

View next topic
View previous topic
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> Other - Chit Chat
Susann

PostPosted: Fri Jul 15, 2005 11:48 am Reply with quote

Does anyone else got this email ? I ask this, because I got other mails from spreadfirefox.com before and they look like Worm Sober mails. But I quess it´s true.
Recieved from admin - spreadfirefox.com

Quote:
On Tuesday, July 12, the Mozilla Foundation discovered that the server hosting Spread Firefox, our community marketing site, had been accessed on Sunday, July 10 by unknown remote attackers who exploited a security vulnerability in the software running the site. This exploit was limited to SpreadFirefox.com and did not affect other mozilla.org web sites or Mozilla software.

We don't have any evidence that the attackers obtained personal information about site users, and we believe they accessed the machine to use it to send spam. However, it is possible that the attackers acquired information site users provided to the site.

As a Spread Firefox user, you have provided us with a username and password. You may also have provided us with other information, including a real name, a URL, an email address, IM names, a street address, a birthday, and private messages to other users.

We recommend that you change your Spread Firefox password and the password of any accounts where you use the same password as your Spread Firefox account. To change your Spread Firefox password, go to SpreadFirefox.com, log in with your current password, select "My Account" from the sidebar, select "Edit Account" from the sidebar, then enter your new password into the Password fields and press the "Save user information" button at the bottom of the page.

The Mozilla Foundation deeply regrets this incident and is taking steps to prevent it from happening again. We have applied the necessary security fixes to the software running the site, have reviewed our security plan to determine why we didn't previously apply those fixes in this case, and have modified that plan to ensure we do so in the future.

Sincerely,
The Mozilla Foundation

edit: "Spread Firefox Downtime.As you've no doubt noticed, we've been down for a few days"posted on Fri, 07/15/2005 - 01:44 SpreadFirefox.com

sting
Involved
Involved

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2005 8:42 am Reply with quote

I think there was an issue going around with the spread firefox deal around this time, seems like I saw a Bugtraq come through on it.

-sting

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
Susann

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2005 9:18 am Reply with quote

Yes, but I hate spam and we got in may a lot worm sober emails from this sender. And
afterwords in June also several mails from blake@. But I learned that the sender from worm sober mails doesn´t know anything about this. Maybe I´m to sensitive. Wink

sting

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2005 1:37 pm Reply with quote

Quote:
Maybe I´m to sensitive. Wink

Not necessarily a bad thing. Razz

-sting

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> Other - Chit Chat

View next topic
View previous topic