Ravens PHP Scripts: Forums

View next topic
View previous topic
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> How To's
Dibas

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2005 11:47 am Reply with quote

here's the deal... i'm trying to implement a flash mp3 player on my site, but i have some issues, i want it to be included in some part of the site that is never reloaded everytime i click on something on the site like read article or something, cuz everytime i click he reloads the flash player and starts the mp3 all over again... my idea is to create a top frame static which is never reloaded everytime i click on something, kinda like frames on html when only the center frame reloads when clicking on something... any idea how can i implement this?

I managed to round the problem creating a simple html frame opening the player and index.php of the nuke site... that's cool and solved part of my problem though... naturally the player only comes up when ppl access to the domain, when access directly to some article or something without passing thru the domain first it doesnt show up... i wonder if i can get around this...

Cheers.

Raven
Site Admin/Owner

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2005 8:11 am Reply with quote

Look into the PHP setting auto_prepend_file. This setting can be set in .htaccess and will call that script regardless of how they enter your site. You could set it to something like
php_value auto_prepend_file "test.php" .

Then, in test.php you could put logic in to determine how/when to start, stop, restart, etc.

Dibas

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2005 12:00 pm Reply with quote

Thanks for the suggestion... i tried that though it gave me an error... according to the error.log:

/public_html/.htaccess: Invalid command 'php_value', perhaps mis-spelled or defined by a module not included in the server configuration

i added to .htaccess:

php_value auto_prepend_file "player.php"

Raven

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2005 12:21 pm Reply with quote

Sounds like your host does not allow you to override php settings.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> How To's

View next topic
View previous topic