Ravens PHP Scripts: Forums

View next topic
View previous topic
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> phpnuke 6.9
mrdude

PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2003 5:11 am Reply with quote

Hi guys, i have installed PHPNuke 6.9. And everything is working fine. But PHPNuke wont send any emails to registrating users. not at all btw. So a read some in forums and found that i have to have a smtp server. so i installed postfix. But PHPNuke wont send emails anyway. Do i have to confirm my smtp server top Webmail or something in a way? or may be do anything else to make it work?

Raven
Site Admin/Owner

PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2003 6:06 am Reply with quote

First of all, if you have an ISP that provides you mail, then chances are you can use your ISP for your mail. I do and always have. Of course I offer mail services with all my hosting, but I still use my ISP too. It could be that your ISP blocks you. That would be one reason to set up your own mailer. Are you hosting the server or do you have it hosted?

mrdude

PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2003 6:14 am Reply with quote

i host everything my self. i have one email account from my ISP but its sucks(the security/speed/space etc.etc.). Like i said before, i installed postfix as my smtpserver on my webbserver Computer. But i maybe should tell PHPNuke in some way to use it...? or should it find it by it self?

i want to point this part; i did not have postfix installed whyle i was installing PHPNuke on my server. I installed it few hours ago.

Raven

PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2003 6:23 am Reply with quote

In your php.ini file, you have a couple of SMTP settings. You probably need to tell php to use Postfix. Find this line
; For Unix only. You may supply arguments as well (default: "sendmail -t -i").
;sendmail_path =

Uncomment it and put your postfix call in it. Also, check the Postfix and php documentation for further instructions.

mrdude

PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2003 6:48 am Reply with quote

Raven wrote:
In your php.ini file, you have a couple of SMTP settings. You probably need to tell php to use Postfix. Find this line
; For Unix only. You may supply arguments as well (default: "sendmail -t -i").
;sendmail_path =

Uncomment it and put your postfix call in it. Also, check the Postfix and php documentation for further instructions.

dude where does that php.ini file lays? have serchfor it several hours now, but have not found it.

and when i find that line (if i find the file) should it be like this;
;senmail_path = "postfix start"

cause that is the command that i start postfix with.

Raven

PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2003 6:56 am Reply with quote

If you host this yourself, then you have placed the php.ini file somewhere. Load this script to your web server root directory (save as test.php or something and run it)
Code:
<?

phpinfo();
?>
Then search for php.ini. It will be towards the top of the listing. That is the location of the php.ini file that your server is using.

As to the syntax, I don't use postfix. I would imagine though, that there is a Postfix server/daemon that is already running. So, you don't want to use 'postfix start'. It should already be started. This command would be the command to initiate an email session, as you would from a command line prompt. You will have to read the documentation for specific details.

mrdude

PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2003 7:33 am Reply with quote

Raven wrote:
If you host this yourself, then you have placed the php.ini file somewhere. Load this script to your web server root directory (save as test.php or something and run it)
Code:
<?

phpinfo();
?>
Then search for php.ini. It will be towards the top of the listing. That is the location of the php.ini file that your server is using.

As to the syntax, I don't use postfix. I would imagine though, that there is a Postfix server/daemon that is already running. So, you don't want to use 'postfix start'. It should already be started. This command would be the command to initiate an email session, as you would from a command line prompt. You will have to read the documentation for specific details.

i found my php.ini file (it was in my apache directory, i must be blind or something)

anyway the problem is now the postfix command. Cant find the one that matches that default sendmail command.

gonna run senmailinstead and see if it works

mrdude

PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2003 9:02 am Reply with quote

lol dude it was on and runing long ago(since i installed postfix), i checked wrong mail:P. Thnx alot for your help. My next problem is that i dont get a active link in userconfirmation emails. Every new user got to copy n paste the activation link. how can i fix that dude?

Raven

PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2003 9:15 am Reply with quote

Don't understand what you mean. Please provide an example.

mrdude

PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2003 11:54 am Reply with quote

Raven wrote:
Don't understand what you mean. Please provide an example.

u know when u are becoming a member. U get a activation email right?

it goes like this;

Some one has registered this name and this pass at your email adress bla.blabla

if u want to activate that account visit this link;

2ei239eid3ie9iei3/activation.link <------ this one is not a , its just text, so u got to copy it and paste it in your browser by hand. I want this part to be a link. So they just can click on it, and their account becomes activated.

Raven

PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2003 12:03 pm Reply with quote

Should be automatic unless you've applied a modification to Your_Account? Make suer that in Nuke/Adminstration/Preferences, that Site URL is ponting to the folder where config.php is, like [ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ]
or [ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ] , etc.

mrdude

PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2003 2:36 pm Reply with quote

everything works just perfect now dude, thnx alot!

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> phpnuke 6.9

View next topic
View previous topic