Ravens PHP Scripts: Forums

View next topic
View previous topic
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> RavenNuke(tm) v2.5x
TAd
Worker
Worker

PostPosted: Sun Sep 26, 2021 10:17 am Reply with quote

Hello,

What is the recommended upgrade path from RavenNuke_v2.50.00. My site has been neglected and I am so far behind - I have picked today to attempt a resurrection of sorts. Any help would be appreciated. Thank you!

Regards,
TAd

TAd

PostPosted: Sun Sep 26, 2021 1:07 pm Reply with quote

Well, I started, and apparently I am unable to perform an upgrade as it states the Installation folder exists...

TAd

PostPosted: Sun Sep 26, 2021 3:04 pm Reply with quote

I think I have it sorted. I deleted the entire INSTALLATION folder and re=uploaded it. Installer went on like I would expect it to without seeing the Installation folder Exists message.

I removed the folder, but it seems like tehre was one more thing to do.

In any case, the only other issue I ran into was the following error when updating the DB:

Code:

Updating based on config value of rn2.50.OO
ALTER TABLE
ALTER TABLE
ALTER TABLE
ALTER TABLE
ALTER TABLE
ALTER TABLE
ALTER TABLE
ALTER TABLE
ALTER TABLE
UPDATE ?nuke
UPDATE ?nuke
?nuke
_banned_ip? CHANGE 'date 'date' DATE NULL DEFAULT NULL Succeeded.
?nuke_banner? CHANGE ?ad_width' ?ad_width' INT(4) NULL DEFAULT NULL FAILED. MySQL reported: Unknown column 'ad_width' in 'nuke_banner'
?nuke_banner? CHANGE ?ad_height? ?ad_height? INT(4) NULL DEFAULT NULL FAILED. MySQL reported: Unknown column 'ad_height' in 'nuke_banner'

The one other issue I have is a menu link I had added for Gallery some time ago to Theme.php which for some reason no longer shows up:

Code:

if (empty($nukeNAV)) {
      echo '<div id="menu">
         <div id="menu_links">
            <ul>
               <li><a href="index.php">'._HOME.'</a></li>
               <li><a href="modules.php?name=Downloads">'._UDOWNLOADS.'</a></li>
               <li><a href="modules.php?name=Your_Account">'._FSIYOURACCOUNT.'</a></li>
               <li><a href="modules.php?name=Forums">'._BBFORUMS.'</a></li>
               <li><a href="http://photosbytom.com/gallery/">Gallery</a></li>

'.(is_user($user) ? '<li><a href="modules.php?name=Your_Account&amp;op=logout">'._LOGOUT.'</a></li>' : '').'
               '.(is_admin($admin) ? '<li><a href="'.$admin_file.'.php?op=adminMain">'._FSIADMINMENU.'</a></li>' : '').'
            </ul>
         </div>
      <div id="menu_welcome">';
   } else {
      echo '<div id="menunav">';
      echo $nukeNAV;
      echo '<div id="menu_welcomenav">';
   }

neralex
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Sep 29, 2021 4:59 am Reply with quote

Hey TAd,

sorry for the delayed answer. To solve the issue with the missing db-fields 'ad_width' and 'ad_height' you can try to add it manually with phpMyAdmin. Open the database, go to the 'nuke_banner' db-tabe and run the following two lines into the SQL-Input:

sql Code:
ALTER TABLE `nuke_banner` ADD `ad_width` INT(4) NULL DEFAULT NULL  AFTER `ad_code`;

ALTER TABLE `nuke_banner` ADD `ad_height` INT(4) NULL DEFAULT NULL AFTER `ad_width`;

The other issue is not 100% clear for me. The whole menue is not shown or only the single-link to your gallery?

Wink

dbsnip.JPG
 Description:
 Filesize:  134.69 KB
 Viewed:  1976 Time(s)

dbsnip.JPG

TAd

PostPosted: Wed Sep 29, 2021 1:28 pm Reply with quote

Neralex,

Thank you for the reply, I really appreciate it greatly and no apologies required. My poor site went off line and I had not realized it as I have been rather neglectful of my Photography site Embarassed . When I finally picked up photography again and went to it, I knew right away that the PHP 7.x upgrade email I got was the red flag.

I have managed to get everything up and running, I will perform the SQL commands this evening. The other issue was sorted out after a night of rest and a deeper dive into my post history (NukeNav, d*** you!).

In /includes/jquery/nukeNAV.php I had to add:

php Code:
 $nukeNAV .= '

<li><a href="http://www.mysite.com/gallery" title="">Gallery</a></li>';
$nukeNAV .= '

Sadly, my Gallery 2 install no longer functions and I have spent much time searching for a replacement. Gallery 3 was never as good and abandoned. Although, there is a revival but just not many themes I can locate to do what I want and the support just isn't there for it really. I think I may have settled on Piwigo - but it hasn't been an easy decision and has required many hours of going through the code to make slight alterations.

Regards,
TAd

neralex

PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, 2021 5:33 pm Reply with quote

Glad you were able to sorted it. Sadly I can't recommend a alternative gallery module. All known nuke-based Gallery-modules are not more supported since many years. Maybe you will keep an eye on some wordpress-plugins. There are exists many cool ones.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> RavenNuke(tm) v2.5x

View next topic
View previous topic