Ravens PHP Scripts: Forums

View next topic
View previous topic
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> For Hire
ac33

PostPosted: Thu Dec 10, 2015 3:54 pm Reply with quote

Hi everyone,
I recently acquired a website that is running PHP-Nuke. My users are complaining that their account profiles are being indexed by Google. If you Google their real name, their profile comes up. I was surprised that this is what is searchable... If you Google their username with the website name, their profiles do not come up.
I would like to add a no-follow, no-index tag to all user profiles. I assume this is something easy to do, if its a simple fix I would love to hear it, otherwise I'm willing to hire someone to complete the task.

Thanks in advance,
AC

neralex
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Dec 11, 2015 4:52 am Reply with quote

The problem is that the user-profiles are shown in public and if a user had stored his realname in the user-profile then google or other search engines can find it. I made a fix for this issue in RavenNuke but this is different from a standard PHP Nuke. Which version of PHP Nuke you are using?

With a check if a user is logged in you could hide/show the realname field in the public User's Info page or you could hide/show the whole content of the function userinfo in the index.php of the Your_Account module.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 11, 2015 7:29 am Reply with quote

Thanks for your help. I know it has been a long time since the website has been updated... in the footer of the page "PHP-Nuke Copyright © 2004 by Francisco Burzi." You can check out the website, it's [ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ]

Thanks!
AC

neralex

PostPosted: Fri Dec 11, 2015 9:23 am Reply with quote

This is only the Copyright Notice but not your nuke version. You are running an older version of RavenNuke. Wink

Check this and try to follow the steps:
[ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ]

If you don't have a clue how you should do this then ZIP or RAR me the following files and send me a download-link via PM:

modules/Forums/viewtopic.php
modules/Forums/includes/usercp_viewprofile.php
modules/Your_Account/public/userinfo.php

Wink

Last edited by neralex on Fri Dec 11, 2015 9:27 am; edited 2 times in total 
ac33

PostPosted: Fri Dec 11, 2015 9:24 am Reply with quote

Thank you Smile
Is it obvious that I don't know much about this website. haha. It was dumped on me and now I'm trying to sort it all out.
Greatly appreciate your help, I'll take a look at your link

Cheers

ac33

PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2016 3:48 pm Reply with quote

neralex wrote:
If you don't have a clue how you should do this then ZIP or RAR me the following files and send me a download-link via PM:

Would love some help!

neralex

PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2016 5:07 pm Reply with quote

Answered via Email!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> For Hire

View next topic
View previous topic