Ravens PHP Scripts: Forums

View next topic
View previous topic
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> v2.3 RN Issues
kplummer
Hangin' Around

PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2011 4:50 pm Reply with quote

First off thank you so much for all the recent help, it has been a few years since I tried doing this...

Anyhow, when I was trying to do this a few years ago, I had purchased a few autothemes and downloaded atlite8 and atlite87.... Today I got the upgrade file for rn from the at site... I installed atlite87 and the upgrade but it did not work... just a black screen when clicking on the autotheme admin link.

kplummer

PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2011 7:50 pm Reply with quote

Oh also I should add a few details... rn2.3, autotheme admin page gives a 500 error...

Susann

PostPosted: Sat Oct 29, 2011 6:18 am Reply with quote

Please search the forums the forums e.g.: [ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ]

If you get it somewhere to work with an older version of RN 2.3 you will not be able to upgrade easily. Therefore, think about to spend your time with such things because there are a lot of nice and working themes for RavenNuke available.

kplummer

PostPosted: Sat Oct 29, 2011 9:48 am Reply with quote

As I previously stated, I did a search of the forums and found he notice about the update, it has been applied. Still has the same error...

I am not considering a move to 2.4 at this time. As stated, I started playing wih a nuke a few years ago and then left to do other things. I have a large collection of modules from my previous time with nuke and from some testing I have found that a some of the ones I require for this site are not compatible with 2.4. Since I do not have the expertise to modify he modules it is best for me to remain with 2.3.

nuken
RavenNuke(tm) Development Team

PostPosted: Sat Oct 29, 2011 10:11 am Reply with quote

A 500 error is a generic error that basically says it didn't work. Try turning on error reporting in config.php and set $loglevel in rnconfig.php to 1. You should be able to find the actual error in the rnlog/dblog file if it is writeable when you click the admin link for autothemes. Post the errors in here and let's see if we can figure it out.

On a side note, I did some testing with autothemes on RN 2.3 and did not get any errors that I remember. The only issue I had was that the RavenNuke default javascript and css files would not load without some tweaking. Other than that, it worked fine.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 29, 2011 2:03 pm Reply with quote

Thanks Nuken....

I turned on error reporting and loglevel set to 1 as you suggested... When going to the site now and clicking on the autotheme icon I get:

Fatal error: Call to undefined function atplatformapiinit() in /home/kplummer/public_html/raven23/modules/AutoTheme/includes/atAPI.php on line 49

in that file, the line reads:

$platformconfig = atPlatformAPIInit($atdir);

nuken

PostPosted: Sat Oct 29, 2011 2:24 pm Reply with quote

Check a few files/folders and make sure they are writeable.

modules/AutoTheme/autotheme.cfg
modules/AutoTheme/_compile/
modules/AutoTheme/_cache/
themes/YOURTHEME/theme.cfg
themes/

nuken

PostPosted: Sat Oct 29, 2011 2:40 pm Reply with quote

If that doesn't fix it, you should probably redownload AT-Lite .87 for PHPNUKE and the AT-Lite .87 RavenNuke Update from spidean.com and reinstall them. The function atplatformapiinit() is in the AT-Lite .87 for Raven-Nuke Update package and should be loading.

kplummer

PostPosted: Sun Oct 30, 2011 5:29 pm Reply with quote

nuken wrote:
Check a few files/folders and make sure they are writeable.

modules/AutoTheme/autotheme.cfg
modules/AutoTheme/_compile/
modules/AutoTheme/_cache/
themes/YOURTHEME/theme.cfg
themes/

I checked the permissions on these and all were correct except that there is no _cache folder... thinking this is the issue, I downloaded a new archive of the atlite87 and uploaded it, but there is still no folder...

I rechecked the install file and nothing is mentioned beyond upload and activate...

I even tried just creating a folder and gave it the correct permissions thinking it was a check for it's availibility screwing things up and still no go...

nuken

PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2011 6:21 am Reply with quote

I will install a RN 2.3 test site and autothemes and see if I can duplicate your issue.

nuken

PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2011 7:08 am Reply with quote

After a fresh install of RN 2.3 and a fresh install of autothemes with the autothemes RN update package, it worked fine. Are you sure you downloaded the correct AT-Lite .87 for PHPNUKE and the AT-Lite .87 RavenNuke Update?

kplummer

PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2011 10:48 am Reply with quote

Absolutely sure....

I have the following other mods installed; western studios subscribtion mod (old version), total calendar, cafepress module, & osc2nuke.

The autotheme file downloaded was atlite_87_nuke and at_raven_update1

kplummer

PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2011 10:52 am Reply with quote

My main thing for keeping rn2.3 going is for the use of ws_subscribe and osc2nuke which I have not been able to get working on rn2.4

wHiTeHaT
Life Cycles Becoming CPU Cycles

PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2011 3:02 pm Reply with quote

you realy dont want autotheme on any nuke site.
PM me with your details or add me to msn, so i fix it for you (osc2nuke).

i lost all osc2nuke files, i wonder if it is worth port it again to RN ( i could do it in a few hours).

i currently work on an oscommerce based mobile app.No server involved.

DEMO here: [ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ]

TESTED in CHROME NOT WORKS IN IE or FF, maby works in safari/opera

kplummer

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2011 10:28 am Reply with quote

I would love to see a good ported version of osc2nuke for RN2.4+!!!

Guardian2003
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2011 12:07 pm Reply with quote

OSCommerce is a monster, it should be used stand alone and not ported unless you want permanent upgrade headaches..

kplummer

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2011 12:29 pm Reply with quote

Yeah i know it is a challenge to deal with, and i would prefer not to have the headaches... any suggestions for something that works as well within the rn enviroment? oh and that is free....

kplummer

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2011 12:35 pm Reply with quote

Also I am no sure about this but I think the autotheme issue which this thread was started on may be related to the osc2nuke install... I just tried a clean install of rn24 and added autotheme, it worked fine... I have a test directory with 2.4 loaded with a non-working autotheme mod and the only difference between the 2 installs is osc2nuke...

kplummer

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2011 8:14 pm Reply with quote

VERIFIED.... I have tried multiple combinations of autotheme, RN2.3&2.4, and osc2nuke versions 2&3.... When AT and OSC are both used on a site the results are that AT sends a 500 error from the link on the admin panel...

Now that I know this, I will just move my production site up to rn2.4 and hope that either I find a comparable mod like osc2nuke or that whitehat finds the time to port a version which will work.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> v2.3 RN Issues

View next topic
View previous topic