Ravens PHP Scripts: Forums

View next topic
View previous topic
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> RN v2.20.00 - All Issues
gator81
Worker
Worker

PostPosted: Fri Oct 17, 2008 9:24 pm Reply with quote

when the calendar that cam with the latest rn is loaded it works fine.

my quest is, under the calendar in aother box it shows a quick reference of what is planned for the month.
Is there anyway that the second box could be configured to scroll this info?

been looking bot not getting very far...any ideas would be greatfull

montego
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Oct 18, 2008 1:24 pm Reply with quote

I do not believe there is an option for this. You would have to code in this feature. Since it is all a part of one block, you would have to make it an iframe and then somehow write a separate script to pull in the events, in scrolling fashion, within the iframe. But, if PHP coding isn't your thing, this isn't going to be easy.

gator81

PostPosted: Sat Oct 18, 2008 1:33 pm Reply with quote

it seems to be in one box, but the box has 2 frames....the calendar and under that a frame with dates and info. The second frame is sized dynamically to the amount of input in the calendar.
so i am guessing that the second frame would need code added to have it scroll, and i wouldnt need to send the data to another box.
This is all speculation, as I am far from a programmer, but I hope to inspire someone that is great to check and see if it would be easy to be done Smile

Other then that I will continue to use trial and error Sad

montego

PostPosted: Sat Oct 18, 2008 1:45 pm Reply with quote

You know what, my apologies. Not sure where my head was at. You do not need an iframe. Take a look at another scrolling block code and mirror after it. You can use the MARQUEE tag to get scrolling - although it is not XHTML compliant (but it will still work). There are several blocks within the current distro with examples to draw from.

Good luck

gator81

PostPosted: Sat Oct 18, 2008 3:33 pm Reply with quote

if you dont mind, could you direct me to the file in the gcalendar that i should concentrate on. I have been looking at the code for the last couple hours, and when you dont know what your doing it takes so much longer to start working trial and error .....

thank you for any additional direction on what i should concentrate on.

Dawg
RavenNuke(tm) Development Team

PostPosted: Sat Oct 18, 2008 9:28 pm Reply with quote

block-gcalendar

use the block-forumscroll as an example.

Dawg

gator81

PostPosted: Sun Oct 19, 2008 1:14 pm Reply with quote

Thank you for the help, it was more of a learning experence that you didnt do it for me. For the longest time i was looking in the gcalendar folder at all the different php files hoping that I would find something that would stand out, i didnt even think about editing just the block code, so with help I recieved here it would direct me closer to figuring what to do.
I didnt have the scrolling forums block and went and downloaded it as quick as I could so i could look. I was not sure at first what to use but figured one line really stood out.
Code:
$content .="<MARQUEE behavior= \"scroll\" align= \"center\" direction= \"up\" height=\"220\" scrollamount= \"2\" scrolldelay= \"25\" onmouseover='this.stop()' onmouseout='this.start()'>";

then it was trying to figure where was the place to put this line in the gcalender block. So at the bottom there was a line for upcomming events and It just looked like it would need to be before that line, and the bottom would not look like this..
Code:
$content = $block->calendar();

$content .= '<br />';
$content .="<MARQUEE behavior= \"scroll\" align= \"center\" direction= \"up\" height=\"220\" scrollamount= \"2\" scrolldelay= \"25\" onmouseover='this.stop()' onmouseout='this.start()'>";
$content .= $block->upcomingEvents();

I went and checked, and the bottom was scrolling up the info. I was excited that it was working....

Again thanks....

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> RN v2.20.00 - All Issues

View next topic
View previous topic