Ravens PHP Scripts: Forums

View next topic
View previous topic
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> PHP
jeetesting

PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2008 7:20 am Reply with quote

Need help with PHP script for IP address of sites

Hi All
I need some assistance with getting the IP address of a web site.

Basically I have to write a PHP page where if a site name is supplied it would return back the IP address of the site as well as specify if the IP Address is Dedicated for that site or a Shared IP Address

I have figured out how to get the IP address of a site in PHP however I am not able to figure out how can I find out whether that IP address is static i.e. dedicated IP for the site or a shared IP that the site is using.

Does anyone know how to get around this problem, using PHP how can I figure out if an IP address of the site is a Dedicated IP address for that site or whether that IP is a shared one.

Any help on this matter is appreciated

Cheers
Asif

evaders99
Former Moderator in Good Standing

PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2008 11:07 am Reply with quote

There is really no way or knowing how many sites are hosted on one IP. You would have to continue matching sites by IP until you get duplicates.

And to be accurate, servers can have more than one IP address. So technically each site could appear as its own IP yet it is still a shared server.

DomainTools probably has the biggest database of IPs and domains. [ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ]

Need help? Nuke Patched Core, Coding Services, Webmaster Services 
jeetesting

PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2008 6:10 am Reply with quote

There is really no way or knowing how many sites are hosted on one IP. You would have to continue matching sites by IP until you get duplicates.

And to be accurate, servers can have more than one IP address. So technically each site could appear as its own IP yet it is still a shared server.

DomainTools probably has the biggest database of IPs and domains. [ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ]

===============================================

I have same like this sites. but How to find out using php?

Any other third party tools or API using same output on my sites.

Because I have 1000 of sites, I am not checking one by one sites every two- three month.

I want to php script and get output in one page.

evaders99

PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2008 9:32 am Reply with quote

Then you do like Domaintools and have a big database of IPs and domain names. There isn't any other way to do it

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> PHP

View next topic
View previous topic