Ravens PHP Scripts: Forums

View next topic
View previous topic
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> RN Themes Issues
janeuk
Regular
Regular

PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2008 3:15 pm Reply with quote

Hi,

I would like to prevent the topic titles from displaying on each page, I know where to change the colour and alter the size of the title but I just can't find the code that makes it happen so I could remove it altogether if possible. Please could someone tell me where the code is?

Any help is much appreciated Smile

Thanks
Jane

kguske
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2008 6:47 pm Reply with quote

Displaying the topic title helps your website's search engine rankings - why remove that?

montego
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2008 5:25 am Reply with quote

janeuk, could you also explain this following statement a bit more please?

"prevent the topic titles from displaying on each page"

Topic titles sound like you could be talking about the News module (which typically is in your home page), but it could also be referring to your page titles, which is what you see at the top of your entire browser window (the window title bar).

kguske

PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2008 5:41 am Reply with quote

After rereading the post, I think I may have incorrectly understood the request. It sounds like montego is on the right track.

janeuk

PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2008 2:44 pm Reply with quote

Thanks for your replies, you are right Montego, I wasn't quite sure what to call them but it is the titles that display in the News module and also on the Content module pages too.

montego

PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2008 5:32 am Reply with quote

But, the key question is where on the page? It might be helpful in this case if you could take a screen shot and mark it up pointing to exactly what you are talking about. As I am still unsure which piece of *nuke is going to be applicable to you.

kguske

PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2008 5:56 am Reply with quote

If you mean the article title and content title that is displayed on the specific content page (i.e. modules.php?name=Content&cid=12345) as opposed to the article title that appears on the index page, you'd have to change the modules/News/index.php and modules/Content/index.php files - that isn't in the theme. Is that what you're looking to do?

vaudevillian
Worker
Worker

PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2008 2:26 pm Reply with quote

I think he was talking about the page titles. Like the box over top the forums says forums.

Let me check it out. I had them removed on one of my sites. If I remember I will get back to you. Smile

montego

PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2008 5:37 am Reply with quote

If its page titles, then he can change this in header.php, but, hopefully SEO isn't a concern. Here is the code in header.php where the change would need to occur:

Code:
    if (isset($useDynamicTitles) && $useDynamicTitles && file_exists(INCLUDE_PATH.'includes/dynamic_titles.php')) {

include_once(INCLUDE_PATH.'includes/dynamic_titles.php');
    } else {
        echo '<title>'.$sitename.' '.$pagetitle.'</title>'."\n";
    }

The part after the "else"... Wink

janeuk

PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2008 8:51 am Reply with quote

Hi, thank you for all the replies, just got back to this, I don't know if its page titles but basically its the title of the page that you have to give when adding pages in the Content module for example. These page titles display in the admin section so you know the name of your pages, but it also displays as a title on the page. I will have a look at what you suggested Montego, and see what happens. I just used to alter the colour of it to match the background colour, (.option in the theme style.css applies changes to it) so it couldn't be seen, but it takes up a couple of lines so makes things look a bit gappy when I do that, so I figured it would be better to try to stop it appearing altogether. I'm not sure how to take screen shots of it, I'm still learning, but will try to find out. Smile

kguske

PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2008 10:18 am Reply with quote

For screen shots,

If you're using FireFox, you can use the Screengrab extension.

If not, you might try FastStone Capture

vaudevillian

PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2008 1:00 pm Reply with quote

is it this?:

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> RN Themes Issues

View next topic
View previous topic