Ravens PHP Scripts: Forums

View next topic
View previous topic
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> RN v2.20.00 - All Issues
thinkthin

PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2008 3:59 pm Reply with quote

Hi Everyone,

I am testing Raven Nuke on a test server and I am having problems getting a clean installation working. My config.php looks OK but when I enter the URL:
[ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ]

it errors with a 404 error and this this:

/html/INSTALLATION/'.$_SERVER['PHP_SELF'].'?setup='.$setup.'

Any tips for me? I am not a web developer so you will have to join the dots for me Smile

Thanks!
-TT

evaders99
Former Moderator in Good Standing

PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2008 8:44 pm Reply with quote

RavenNuke really hasn't been tested on IIS. If you can, switch to Apache
I believe some server variables like $_SERVER['PHP_SELF'] work differently in IIS

Need help? Nuke Patched Core, Coding Services, Webmaster Services 
Raven
Site Admin/Owner

PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2008 8:58 pm Reply with quote

I had to look this up to be sure, but according to [ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ] , $_SERVER['PHP_SELF'] is one that should work. Try loading up this script to your web root to see if $_SERVER['PHP_SELF'] is being defined. It will be toward the bottom of the listing.

Code:
<?php phpinfo(); ?>

Save the file as info.php (or whatever), ftp it to your test.com/html site folder and execute it in your browser (http://www.test.com/html/info.php).

BE SURE TO DELETE THE FILE FROM YOUR SERVER AFTER USING!

thinkthin

PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2008 5:37 am Reply with quote

Hi Guys,

Thanks for replying, running the info.php you suggested shows the variable as present and the value it returned is correct so I guess IIS6 is a bad test platform.

Thanks for your help, I will run up Apache. Its been a big week of testing trying to decide what to do with my existing 7.7 Nuke site (patch/upgrade/switch to a nuke variant) and it looks like I need a Linux based test bed.

Thanks again for your time!

( PS - did find this but appears to be a lot of work: [ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ] )

montego
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2008 6:02 am Reply with quote

thinkthin, actually, what I would suggest is running XAMPP on your local PC. That is what many of us do personally. That gives you what is really needed, which is Apache, MySQL and PHP, for *nuke.

thinkthin

PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2008 4:09 pm Reply with quote

Awesome, I will check it out!

cryotek

PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2008 3:33 am Reply with quote

evaders99 wrote:
RavenNuke really hasn't been tested on IIS. If you can, switch to Apache
I believe some server variables like $_SERVER['PHP_SELF'] work differently in IIS

Well now, I've been happily running RavenNuke on IIS 5 + 6 for some years now and can say that it works fine....after many hours trying to get it to install.

Recently I was asked to set up another board, so naturally I decided to download the latest release. I too had problems installing. I tried using RavenNuke_v2.10.00 which was already on the server, same problem.

After several hours, I remembered what I had to do the previous time.

PHP5 has short_open_tag deafult to off

Whilst RN works fine after install, the installSQL.php and setup.php files both use short tags, and therefore do not process properly.

For now, until someone kindly rewrites the install files to use proper tags, change short_open_tag to on in php.ini and installation will work Very Happy

(php.ini can be found in your php installation folder, but also in c:\windows, change both and restart IIS)

Raven

PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2008 9:54 am Reply with quote

Thank you for alerting others to this. There is no standard for the use of the tags. While we try to remember to use long tags to accommodate everyone there is no rule that says we (or anyone for that matter) has to. So, it is an unfortunate but unintentional issue. At least you have alerted others to the solution. We will update the documentation under Troubleshooting.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> RN v2.20.00 - All Issues

View next topic
View previous topic