Ravens PHP Scripts: Forums

View next topic
View previous topic
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> Nuke Platinum
razor

PostPosted: Tue Dec 25, 2007 10:16 pm Reply with quote

for platinum 7.6.0 i'd like for the the Private Message pop ups to work on the homepage of the site other than when they go to the forums... it pops up just fine when the access the forums, just would like it to do the same on the homepage... thanks.

montego
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2007 9:30 am Reply with quote

Unfortunately, that feature is embedded within the phpBB side of things, this is why you will see these only when entering either the Forums, Private Messages or Members List. There could be quite a bit of coding work to get this to work throughout, as nuke and phpBB are not as tied together as you might think.

If you are willing to pay someone to do the work, you might want to ask for assistance for such in the "For Hire" forum. Worth a shot.

guru

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2007 12:58 pm Reply with quote

Try this
[ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ]

razor

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2007 8:02 pm Reply with quote

Thanks for all the help guys Smile

montego

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2007 9:32 am Reply with quote

Guru, thanks for that, but razor is looking to replicate the Private Message pop-up notification process and that will take a lot more analysis and dissecting the phpBB logic to see how to get that done, OR, one would have to write a new routine (certainly possible). I am really not sure why BBtoNuke didn't already have this included with header.php so that it would work in every module. That is an idea... sure wish I had the time, because this could actually be done I think.

Susann

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2007 12:20 pm Reply with quote

I´m glad to got rid of the PopUps I had on both main page and forums.
It was GT issue I believe. So I think it can simple be done over short urls and the correct user info block.

montego

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2007 1:55 pm Reply with quote

Susann, I have never seen the Private Message pop-ups on any pages other than one of the following: Forums, Members List or Private Messages. There is no code there to do it on the home page, so are you sure you are not thinking of the site-wide message? I believe that we might be talking about two different functionalities here.

Susann

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2007 6:17 pm Reply with quote

Well, I can´t find my post I talked about this but it was in Nuke 6.5 and it worked only with a special block. I´m quite sure I didn´t used this mod I just found here.Anyway I post the link:
[ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ]

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> Nuke Platinum

View next topic
View previous topic