Ravens PHP Scripts: Forums

View next topic
View previous topic
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> FCKeditor/WYSIWYG Issues
erisds

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2007 7:23 am Reply with quote

I'm assuming you guys have vetted and deemed the WYSIWYG editor to be secure now?

Just want to be absolutely sure before I start to use it as I am just recovering from a MAJOR hack whilst using 2.02.02 (although with gallery and vwar etc on the site who knows which bit was the cause).

FireATST
RavenNuke(tm) Development Team

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2007 7:27 am Reply with quote

I would guess vwar myself. Have been using gallery 2 for a while with no problems.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger ICQ Number
montego
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2007 7:28 am Reply with quote

erisds, to be quite honest, I would place my money on vwar. There are no known issues with nukeWYSIWYG, so I would not assume blame there. However, vwar is a different story from what I have seen in these forums.

erisds

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2007 7:30 am Reply with quote

Not being funny but thats not what my post is asking I am aware of the vulnerabilities in vWar. I only mentioned the hack to make it clear why it was important to me that the WYSIWYG editor is secure.

I have not been using the WYSIWYG editor but would like to enable it... given that it is now deemed secure, from what you have said montego, I take that to be true.. which is good Smile

jakec
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2007 7:30 am Reply with quote

The WYSIWYG editor is not the standard insecure editor that is part of the standard nuke and I'm not aware that there were any issues with the version released with 2.02.02. It is likely that the hack would have been through vwar.

The WYSIWYG editor would not have been included in the package if there were concerns over the security, so I think you are safe to activate it. Cool

I'm sure Kguske will want to comment when he is online, as he worked on the integration into RN.

jakec

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2007 7:32 am Reply with quote

lol, how's that for service?

erisds

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2007 7:32 am Reply with quote

pretty d***ed good I'd say!

kguske
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2007 8:38 pm Reply with quote

Not aware of any problems or issues with the editor, though it can be configured to allow problems (i.e. allowing bad HTML in the allowable_html array in config.php or allowing unregistered users to upload by changing the tool bar, etc.).

As for finding out how the 2.02 site was hacked: the logs don't lie. Have a look there to find some answers...

erisds

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2007 9:59 pm Reply with quote

I'm not gonna be changing the allowable HTML.

As for the logs, it would be nice wouldn't it? However despite how much trouble the hack caused them, they won't let me see the necessary logs.

FireATST

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2007 3:55 am Reply with quote

So, was this a hacker that got several sites on their servers? If so, it may have not had anything to do with your installation. Maybe the host has some security flaws itself, allowing access to the server and any site on it.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> FCKeditor/WYSIWYG Issues

View next topic
View previous topic